Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall announce plans to increase stadium capacity to 34,000

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Note they only show the outside of the stadium, which will be completely incongruous with the inside

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Seems like a strange move when their ground is always half empty.

And we couldn't fill Withdean....

To be honest being a local to Millwall and with young kids the current Den is pretty hostile in terms of surrounding area and match day facilities. Palace unfortunately are drawing loads of new young fans because of Premier League football in the area so could easily switch to Millwall if the ingredients are there for that market.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 624

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There is no cost attached to the article - would be interesting to see how it compares in cost per new seat with other similar developments.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That'll never happen.

Of course it will happen.

It is part of an already agreed strategy. It is planned in conjunction with Lewisham Council who had set in place a Compulsory purchase order of the Land around the Ground which Millwall own some or part of.

The previous plan for the site was rounded on and attacked and objected to by the Local Residents who wanted the Club to remain at that site. Millwall got that land around the Ground as part of a Deal when Tesco bought the site of their old ground where they built a supermarket in the early 90s. Tesco actually built the ground for them back then as well if I recall.

This is major progress to a derelict area that Millwall have never been able to afford the re-generation of - Now at last in conjunction with the Council the area is gonna get a much needed revamp and an introduction of much needed facilities to support children growing up in that part of London. Much better than the previous plans of Yuppie Flats for foreign investors looking to make a quick buck on purchasing within a stones throw of London Bridge, one of the Major Rail links in the heart of the Capital.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Oh great, more space to house hordes of racist and homophobic teenagers who will spend all match gesturing for you to " come outside ". That FA cup win was just so satisfying

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of course it will happen.

It is part of an already agreed strategy. It is planned in conjunction with Lewisham Council who had set in place a Compulsory purchase order of the Land around the Ground which Millwall own some or part of.

The previous plan for the site was rounded on and attacked and objected to by the Local Residents who wanted the Club to remain at that site. Millwall got that land around the Ground as part of a Deal when Tesco bought the site of their old ground where they built a supermarket in the early 90s. Tesco actually built the ground for them back then as well if I recall.

This is major progress to a derelict area that Millwall have never been able to afford the re-generation of - Now at last in conjunction with the Council the area is gonna get a much needed revamp and an introduction of much needed facilities to support children growing up in that part of London. Much better than the previous plans of Yuppie Flats for foreign investors looking to make a quick buck on purchasing within a stones throw of London Bridge, one of the Major Rail links in the heart of the Capital.

I'm sure it all sounds great in the brochure. Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We need a poll - what will get built first.

A - the new stand at Selhurst
B - the new stadium at Millwall
C - none of the above.

I know where my vote goes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was SO jealous of their ground when it opened and we were a million miles away from a new stadium. Hard to believe now, but I was

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was SO jealous of their ground when it opened and we were a million miles away from a new stadium. Hard to believe now, but I was

Likewise.

I remember going to an away game there one evening when the heavens opened, it was sheeting down. And we stood there, under a roof, just delighted at the novelty of watching football in the rain - without getting wet!

It felt almost surreal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here