Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women next home league match Sunday 23rd February at 2pm vs Spurs

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Next up for the Albion Womens team at home are Tottenham Hotspur in the Womens Super League, with kickoff at 2pm at Crawley. Spurs are currently 2 places and 4 points ahead of us in the league having played a game less, but Hope Powell’s side are on a good run following back-to-back wins over Aston Villa and Everton before claiming a hard-fought 1-1 draw with Manchester United last Wednesday so will go into the game with plenty of confidence.

Tickets for this match are now available to be purchased in advance from tickets.BrightonAndHoveAlbion.com at the following prices:
Adult : £4
Seniors (65+) : £2
Under 18 : £2

Tickets will also be available on the day (cash only) for:
Adult : £6
Seniors (65+) : £3
Under 18 : £3

There is free parking at (or near) the ground depending on availability, and also free coach travel by Seagulls Travel from various places within Sussex.

If (like me unfortunately), you cannot make the game then it should be available to be streamed free on the FA Player website and app.

UTA! :albion2:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
On a side FA Cup (fever) note. IF we beat Palace away next Tuesday, Is it unlikely that the game v Birmingham would be played at the AMEX as the men play Arsenal the day before.

It looks like both last years semi finals were played at Wembley and both shown live on BBC2.

The Spurs game is a good one to keep our good form going.

Quarter-final draw

Crystal Palace or Brighton v Birmingham City

Everton v Chelsea

Arsenal or Lewes v Tottenham Hotspur

Leicester City or Reading v Manchester City

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Lewes V Spurs would be a nice tie for me!
Good luck to the Rookettes Vs Woolwich.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On a side FA Cup (fever) note. IF we beat Palace away next Tuesday, Is it unlikely that the game v Birmingham would be played at the AMEX as the men play Arsenal the day before.

It looks like both last years semi finals were played at Wembley and both shown live on BBC2.

The Spurs game is a good one to keep our good form going.

Quarter-final draw

Crystal Palace or Brighton v Birmingham City

Everton v Chelsea

Arsenal or Lewes v Tottenham Hotspur

Leicester City or Reading v Manchester City

Saw this news on SSN - how the hell are Lewes featuring amongst the likes of Spurs and Arsenal (or even us)? Is it even a professional team, or is this a potential all-time mega giant-killing story?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Saw this news on SSN - how the hell are Lewes featuring amongst the likes of Spurs and Arsenal (or even us)? Is it even a professional team, or is this a potential all-time mega giant-killing story?

They're a good side, they compete in the Women's Championship (equivalent level to the Men's Championship), alongside such teams as Aston Villa, Leicester, Blackburn, Sheffield United and Crystal Palace.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I believe I'm correct in saying that Lewes are one of the great pioneers of the women's game. It'll be a shame when they're finally pushed into obscurity by latter day "big club" band wagon jump onners.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I believe I'm correct in saying that Lewes are one of the great pioneers of the women's game. It'll be a shame when they're finally pushed into obscurity by latter day "big club" band wagon jump onners.

That is true, just like Doncaster and Yeovil have been, and Millwall, Lewes and Durham surely will be.

And we are of course one of the big club band wagon jumpers ourselves

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

And, I believe, still the only English team to pay the men and women players the same

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
And, I believe, still the only English team to pay the men and women players the same

Yes I think the Australian National team followed their suit as well.

Lewes asking for some of the men's FA money to be used to develop the Women's FA cup as well, especially at grass roots.

An Albion v Lewes Semi final would just be incredible, although a way to go for that to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here