Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Andy Weatherall

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Another gone too soon.

Good excuse to stick Screamadelica on now though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“I think I’ve never lost that thing I had when I was 12 years old and inviting my mates round to my house. They’d all be copping off with girls and I’m going, “No, check out this B-side”

RIP.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The Primal Scream album is an absolute classic - all involved created a genius work of art

I remember Andy Weatherall dj'ing in his hard, pounding techno days...….Happy Days :smile:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Who ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A friend just whatsapped me this news. I feel like I've lost a mate. I don't normally do Diana moments but from the massively influential Boys Own fanzine to his bridging the gap between indie and house music to the monumentally arrogant Masterpiece CDs this guy rocked. First saw him DJing at the old Shark Club (Fabi Paras played a month later) and completely changed my life. DJd at that best gig I ever went to with [MENTION=60]Seagulls over Lewes[/MENTION] - Primal Scream at The Event with The Orb warming up and Weatherall DJing till 2am and many of Brighton's finest nutters going Radio Rental. Great music, great clothes, a proper lad. I'm in bits.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry, this is coming in short, sharp posts, but for anyone still scratching their heads....

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/vd84wx/how-boys-own-changed-british-dance-music

There aren't many people in the history of British club music who are held in higher regard than Terry Farley. Alongside Andrew Weatherall, Cymon Eckel, Steve Mayes, Pete Heller and the rest of the Boy's Own crew, he ran raves, released and produced records and printed a seminal, satirical fanzine that traced a very British link between the football terraces, dancefloors, youth fashion and the picket line in a way that no other publication would before or after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here