Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Craig Ramage / Derby

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Liam Rosenior has called out a former player and BBC derby pundit Craig Ramage for his comments

Craig Ramage: “I look at certain players. The body language, the stance, the way they act, you just feel - hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two. I’d probably say that about all the black lads”.

http://twitter.com/derbycountytalk/status/1229073916670468096

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
where do these muppets keep a brain?
Vile comments, no possible way it can be argued as being taken out of context or other of the usual bollxs.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I was (maybe ‘mock’) outraged with Troy Townsend over his comments when Hughton was sacked. Calling for him to be sacked I was. But he does, as proven here, do a good job. Still too much unconscious bias.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wow.

Not quite Big Ron terrirtory, but well on the way.

His comments are arguably worse.

He has verbally attacked Black Footballers as a "collective"

This sort of language shouldn't even exist in anyone's head never mind be in their vocabulary.

I was just speaking about this with someone on Friday. Things are actually moving backwards on "Race Issues"

Printing a few T-shirts and l
Releasing a few videos isn't enough.

Money needs to be spent going into Schools. It needs to be spent in every HR Department up and down the country. And before any one person has any sort of media platform they need training on these issues.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His comments are arguably worse.

He has verbally attacked Black Footballers as a "collective"

This sort of language shouldn't even exist in anyone's head never mind be in their vocabulary.

I was just speaking about this with someone on Friday. Things are actually moving backwards on "Race Issues"

Printing a few T-shirts and l
Releasing a few videos isn't enough.

Money needs to be spent going into Schools. It needs to be spent in every HR Department up and down the country. And before any one person has any sort of media platform they need training on these issues.

Not the schools. The old boy silos (football clubs) allowing a glue factory (the collective noun) of gormless ex football players to steal a living.

And contrast this dinosaur's attitude with that of Wrighty's old teacher (other thread). It is the ignorant old bullies of this world that need to be taken down a peg or two, not kids.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Screenshot_20200216-220831.png

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just stupid to highlight black or white players . Why on earth not make it a general remark about Derby players or maybe young ones

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just stupid to highlight black or white players . Why on earth not make it a general remark about Derby players or maybe young ones

Because he’s a racist?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
No doubt Cowfold Seagull will be along shortly to assure us that it's ok, because in making his assertions, Ramage didn't use any form of profanity

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not the schools. The old boy silos (football clubs) allowing a glue factory (the collective noun) of gormless ex football players to steal a living.

And contrast this dinosaur's attitude with that of Wrighty's old teacher (other thread). It is the ignorant old bullies of this world that need to be taken down a peg or two, not kids.
Does the "ignorant old bullies of this world" include the generation (now in their 60s and 70s) of white kids that marched with Martin Luther King, or in this country faced baton charges and mounted police charges in London and Manchester to stop the South African rugby and cricket tours, eventually isolating S.A. from international sport and eventually the end of apartheid?

Just asking for a friend ..................................

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Without knowing the bloke, it is the sort of comment that could be made by the ignorant, rather than the hateful. In his mind he may be thinking he could have said young players or senior players and no one would be kicking off about him being ageist. Maybe I am being naive but I hope it is just ignorance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here