Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Revell

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Phew for a minute then I thought he was the next man up when it comes to resigning former strikers.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Their fourth manager this season - things are desperate! As a matter of interest is this a record for the number of managers in one season?

First game will be next weekend at Crawley

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Remember his debut at Aldershot away pre season friendly. Always liked him, scored some decent goals and worked hard. Likeable guy. Think we signed him from Braintree if memory serves me right.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Remember his debut at Aldershot away pre season friendly. Always liked him, scored some decent goals and worked hard. Likeable guy. Think we signed him from Braintree if memory serves me right.

Yeah, decent striker for us. He scored a hat-trick and not too many Albion players have done that. I remember that he scored a good goal at ROtherham just before Cox got sent off.

Good luck to him ... he'll need it

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I was never quite sure why we allowed him to leave. I thought, for the standard we were in at the time, he was the best we could possibly get and keep hold of. Always gave 100%. What I’d call a traditional centre forward. I enjoyed his time with us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Their fourth manager this season - things are desperate! As a matter of interest is this a record for the number of managers in one season?

I wouldn't have thought so - that's just a standard season for Watford, or for Leeds under Cellino.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I always liked Alex Revell, it's no real surprise he had such a good career after leaving us. He knocked in some beautiful goals along the way too, including an absolute screamer at Wembley. All the very best to him at Stevenage, I'm tempted to pop along to the Crawley game to see some old Albion faces.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was never quite sure why we allowed him to leave. I thought, for the standard we were in at the time, he was the best we could possibly get and keep hold of. Always gave 100%. What I’d call a traditional centre forward. I enjoyed his time with us.

He wasn't one of Wilkin's Sussex boys, and we made a profit when we sold him.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

well I guess for him he was moving up a division (at the time although I believe Southend were relegated that season), and for us it helped get the funds to buy Murray. Letting Savage go was the bigger error for me

I thought Revell was shit to be honest

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We signed Murray and then sold Revell to Southend within a few days of each other. Revell would have found himself behind both Glenn and Nicky Forster and the fee we got for Alex covered around half of the Murray transfer.

well I guess for him he was moving up a division (at the time although I believe Southend were relegated that season), and for us it helped get the funds to buy Murray. Letting Savage go was the bigger error for me

Southend were in the same division as us at the time of the transfer, they'd been relegated the season before.

Bas Savage refused a new 18 month deal, so we didn't have much choice in letting him go as his contract expired.

I always thought Revell was hard working and showed a lot of passion, however he was never going to get much football with two better strikers ahead of him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven’t forgotten that really nasty kick he made on our keeper on the ground when he was at Southend (Kuipers?)

Headless chicken forward too but everyone loved him because he “tried”

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Southend were a fellow League 1 club that season. I got scooped above! Southend sold Billy Paynter to Swindon to make some room in the squad for him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I haven’t forgotten that really nasty kick he made on our keeper on the ground when he was at Southend (Kuipers?)

Headless chicken forward too but everyone loved him because he “tried”

This.

It's all I think of when I think Alex Revell.

Straight red card all day long, definitely looked like there was some unresolved beef with Kuipers there. Studs up, aiming at Kuipers face/neck. Right in front of us.

Pretty sure it's the worst challenge I've witnessed live.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This.

It's all I think of when I think Alex Revell.

Straight red card all day long, definitely looked like there was some unresolved beef with Kuipers there. Studs up, aiming at Kuipers face/neck. Right in front of us.

Pretty sure it's the worst challenge I've witnessed live.

Completely agreed. Dan Harding was pretty poor in the game as I recall, although we didn't have Buckley to terrorise him that night.

But as a sidenote, I bet on Murray first goalscorer, Brighton to win 2-0 all season. :clap2: Nothing else mattered to me!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What a strikeforce for League One Murray and Forster was. That win took us top of the League. Lovely old job.

brighton southend.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It helped that it was a friday night, before everyone else played. :thumbsup: We'd drawn with Bristol Rovers (so 0-0 it was almost -1 to both rubbish teams) on my 21st the weekend before, then went to Southend and played brilliantly. Back to back clean sheets with Colin Hawkins at the back was sensational and we actually saw some quality from David Livermore on the left wing. Adam Virgo carrying on as a box to box midfielder alongside the marmiteman, Thomson. I never rated him, but so many did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here