Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] No Harm Done Then?

el punal

So the doom and gloom of our 1-1 result against Watford seems to have been sweetened by results elsewhere over the last week. In fact we’ve gained a point over our nearest and dearest. Defeats for Palace, Bournemouth, Southampton, Norwich and Villa, and West Ham on a pointless tour of the M1 and M6, have made me feel a bit happier. With MacAllister and Lamptey in the mix I am now looking forward with confidence rather than trepidation to future Albion games - I just hope no one bursts my balloon. :wink:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
West Ham still have to play their rearranged game at Man City on Wednesday.

Let's hope it follows expectation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Should West Ham and Watford grab a couple of wins we will be right back in the mix, our situation is perilous if we keep picking up just the odd point.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So many twists and turns to come, sadly I think we’ll be in the mix to the death. Fun though, isn’t it?

We just need to find a way to win matches, I don’t think we can rely on Cardiff falling away this season

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So many twists and turns to come, sadly I think we’ll be in the mix to the death. Fun though, isn’t it?
I honestly think that if by hook or by crook we can get a win at Sheffield United we'll be ok. Pretty pivotal game, as is the palace one.

The quicker we get to 30 points, then 33, then 36... the less stressful this season end will be.

el punal

Should West Ham and Watford grab a couple of wins we will be right back in the mix, our situation is perilous if we keep picking up just the odd point.

Yes, obviously, and we now need to start winning games. The thing is that despite only drawing against Watford we unexpectedly gained a point on our other rivals - something to savour for the time being.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I honestly think that if by hook or by crook we can get a win at Sheffield United we'll be ok. Pretty pivotal game, as is the palace one.

The quicker we get to 30 points, then 33, then 36... the less stressful this season end will be.

I seem to say this every game now...I’ll settle for a point

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Typifying our 2.5 years in the PL - just one win in two plus months, and we’re pinning our hopes on a draw at Bramall Lane.

Low expectations, wins very rare.

No that’s just me, the rest of you are thinking of a win :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saturday's fixtures:-

Burnley AFC Bournemouth
crystal palace Newcastle United
Sheffield United Brighton & Hove Albion
Southampton Aston Villa

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We won't be able to say until the end of the season, and if we do go down, the nature of the league system means we still won't know. Sure, if Watford stay up by one point and we go down by one point, we could look at last week's game as and say it's why we went down, but we could also point to Andone getting sent off v Southampton and how that cost us. Our inability to put newcastle or Palace away when we dominate so much of those away matches.

The simplest thing is that the more points we get, the better. As a team below us, our game v Watford last week was one of our better chances of the season to pick up points. That we went behind due to a sequence of mistakes by various players, rather than any class or creativity from Watford, and were only able to get back to take a single point, we can absolutely still be upset that we didn't do better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We won't be able to say until the end of the season, and if we do go down, the nature of the league system means we still won't know. Sure, if Watford stay up by one point and we go down by one point, we could look at last week's game as and say it's why we went down, but we could also point to Andone getting sent off v Southampton and how that cost us. Our inability to put newcastle or Palace away when we dominate so much of those away matches.

The simplest thing is that the more points we get, the better. As a team below us, our game v Watford last week was one of our better chances of the season to pick up points. That we went behind due to a sequence of mistakes by various players, rather than any class or creativity from Watford, and were only able to get back to take a single point, we can absolutely still be upset that we didn't do better.

You can say exactly that about the Blades Amex win. Ollie McBurnie outmuscling weak challenges from Dunk and Webster for a rare PL goal.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The key games are against Palace, Norwich, Southampton and Newcastle.

If we can win three of those, we'll stay up I reckon.

With another point or two scraped elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here