Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Electronic/Dance Music

Are any of you nuts into dance/electronic music?

If so, I want to start a thread posting some of the latest dance/electronica tunes that are pleasing your ears.

After going to the new venue, Magazine, in London yesterday to see Hot Since 82, La Fleur, Effy, Maya Jane Coles (my first tech house/techno gig of the year) It's fuelled my love even more for the genre that I'd say has always been my favourite. As sharing music is always a good thing, I thought I'd start a thread.

Here's one from yesterday, very 90's big room acid house sound. Love the vocals too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnJyrObkg0M

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How was it ? Gutted I am gonna miss the Magazine events. LWE put on some superb events in cool spaces

How was it ? Gutted I am gonna miss the Magazine events. LWE put on some superb events in cool spaces

It was mega. I'm back there at Anjunadeep Records daytime festival. It'll be epic. The venue was well run, big and not a complete sweatbox lol. Security not over zealous and friendly, it makes a big difference I think.

As Printworks sister venue and it'll be just as successful. LWE excelled again of course. Music was top notch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was mega. I'm back there at Anjunadeep Records daytime festival. It'll be epic. The venue was well run, big and not a complete sweatbox lol. Security not over zealous and friendly, it makes a big difference I think.

As Printworks sister venue and it'll be just as successful. LWE excelled again of course. Music was top notch.

Good to hear. Off to Prydz at Printworks soon and if I wasn’t busy I’d definitely be doing Sven Vath at Phonox Sunday day time in a few weeks

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

LWE are always very well run, been too many of their events at Ewer street car park and tobacco dock and never seen any moody security.

I've just had a kid so my raving days are largely over but will deffo be doing Junction 2 again this year.

LWE are always very well run, been too many of their events at Ewer street car park and tobacco dock and never seen any moody security.

I've just had a kid so my raving days are largely over but will deffo be doing Junction 2 again this year.

I've not done junction 2 yet, the same with tobacco dock. Are they recommended?

Also, what is the tune pleasing your ears currently?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are any of you nuts into dance/electronic music?

If so, I want to start a thread posting some of the latest dance/electronica tunes that are pleasing your ears.

After going to the new venue, Magazine, in London yesterday to see Hot Since 82, La Fleur, Effy, Maya Jane Coles (my first tech house/techno gig of the year) It's fuelled my love even more for the genre that I'd say has always been my favourite. As sharing music is always a good thing, I thought I'd start a thread.

Here's one from yesterday, very 90's big room acid house sound. Love the vocals too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnJyrObkg0M

I get along to a few things during the year. I always go to the annual Kompakt Open Air at Else. A lovely open air Sunday club and my go-to techno label. Thinking of going to the aufnahme + wiedergabe party in April at Arena Club with label owner Philip Strobel and Ancient Methods; 120 bpm techno with nods to industrial. Easter weekend so plenty of recovery time for my aged bones. There’s a few DJs I follow will try and see if they’re in town: Anni and DJ Tennis come to mind. Really love Kim Ann Foxman as well, shame I missed her but 2am on a Monday morning doesn’t fit my schedule.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hoping to learn something from this thread (please post youtube links). I suspect there are some very varied ideas about what electronic dance music means :lolol:

For me it certainly includes stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5TwKODsMY4

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've not done junction 2 yet, the same with tobacco dock. Are they recommended?

Also, what is the tune pleasing your ears currently?

Yeah J2 shits all over any other daytime event in London, it's head and shoulders above anything else. 2 good line ups again this year, do yourself a favour and get a ticket and prey for good weather :lolol:

The car park stage at tobacco dock is great, it's got a proper warehouse party feel to it off that's your thing.
Sadly for the first time in 2 decades I've got nothing tune wise, the last 6 months I've been totally out the loop.

I get along to a few things during the year. I always go to the annual Kompakt Open Air at Else. A lovely open air Sunday club and my go-to techno label. Thinking of going to the aufnahme + wiedergabe party in April at Arena Club with label owner Philip Strobel and Ancient Methods; 120 bpm techno with nods to industrial. Easter weekend so plenty of recovery time for my aged bones. There’s a few DJs I follow will try and see if they’re in town: Anni and DJ Tennis come to mind. Really love Kim Ann Foxman as well, shame I missed her but 2am on a Monday morning doesn’t fit my schedule.

I'm going to check that out. Is it very heavy techno?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going to check that out. Is it very heavy techno?

Ancient Methods and Philip Strobel? Check out their Boiler Room sets as an introduction. Its quite heavy at times, but not the most brutal I have experienced.

Yeah J2 shits all over any other daytime event in London, it's head and shoulders above anything else. 2 good line ups again this year, do yourself a favour and get a ticket and prey for good weather :lolol:

The car park stage at tobacco dock is great, it's got a proper warehouse party feel to it off that's your thing.
Sadly for the first time in 2 decades I've got nothing tune wise, the last 6 months I've been totally out the loop.

oooo Printworks is brilliant daytime, just inside. But the Anjunadeep Open Air at 3 mills dock were also very good. They are at Magazine this year, it'll be brilliant.

I'll defo check out J2.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills