Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ian Wright on Desert Island Discs

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm a big Ian Wright fan too, and enjoy listening to desert island discs from time to time.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Unfortunately got the late George Petchey to blame for him slipping through the net, Cattlin was keen but hadn’t seen him play so went on George’s say so ��

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Unfortunately got the late George Petchey to blame for him slipping through the net, Cattlin was keen but hadn’t seen him play so went on George’s say so ��

Up there with Roy Keane in terms of ones that got away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A few months ago I heard him talk about the way he was treated when he came down, and how one of the senior players (Steve Foster I think it was) paid his travel and bollocked the staff who left him sitting around for hours. One of those rare 'ashamed of my club' moments. And yet Wrighty seems to bear us no grudge. Top man.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Listened to the show, and enjoyed it.

I have a lot of time for Ian Wright.
He comes across as a thoroughly decent human being and doesn't shy away from any of his failings.

Top bloke.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A few months ago I heard him talk about the way he was treated when he came down, and how one of the senior players (Steve Foster I think it was) paid his travel and bollocked the staff who left him sitting around for hours. One of those rare 'ashamed of my club' moments. And yet Wrighty seems to bear us no grudge. Top man.

It helps that he’s clearly an adopted Gooner, by far and away his number one club.

The odd kind word about the Smellhurst atmosphere and Roy, that’s about it. It grates CP fans online.

Who could blame him?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It helps that he’s clearly an adopted Gooner, by far and away his number one club.

The odd kind word about the Smellhurst atmosphere and Roy, that’s about it. It grates CP fans online.

Who could blame him?

He must be their Mark Lawrenson :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another admirer of Ian Wright here. I will make a point of listening to that tomorrow. Cheers for posting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here