Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Caroline Flack

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes. We’ve know for many years the true vile nature of the tabloid press but the emergence of social media is now a real danger to a lot of people struggling mentally, famous or not.

So tragic.

Quite agree. Point I’m making to. All very well saying media is at fault but the world today is like an ocean of fish, each crying out for attention and desperate to be noticed. When fame comes for the ‘lucky’ few, and boy am I not jealous of them, many are so mentally fragile they’re overwhelmed by, especially when they do something wrong and are judged in the court of public opinion. Endless list these days of minor and even some major celebrities all talking about having wanted to kill themselves. Half of me cynically suspects it’s just to get more attention but it’s probably true because going from being a nobody to continually followed by press and millions of people liking and commenting on you online must be utter utter madness. Insane. I’m not surprised plenty can’t cope and tragedies like this occur.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It is truly alarming that suicide seems to have become an increasingly go-to option, especially for young people.
The pain for those left behind is a life sentence.
Dark clouds do pass, even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time.
RIP Caroline Flack.
To all those feeling very low, please seek support

She was middle aged, although that’s another very vulnerable group because life starts to really throw some curve balls at you along with increasing mortality awareness.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've nearly got a full card in NSC RIP bingo.

To help you further, far more animals are killed for trophies and they had no choice in ending their lives.

On a far more serious note, this suicide just illustrates how timely the current focus on mental health is. There are many organisations that are only a call or a message away that can help where anyone is so low that they can not see a way out.

RIP

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You may not know much about her but you have heard of her unless you do not read papers, internet, watch tv or read papers.
I don't read papers or read papers but do look online bbc and TOL.
I watch tv but avoid Love Island etc so have never heard of her. Still , sad to see anyone die so young.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Am I alone in not knowing who she is?
:(
No. Having googled her I think she has something to do with Strictly and Love Island which will explain why have not heard of her.

RIP though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Must have missed how she has been found guilty of this.

Problem with the media ... guilty before you’ve even stepped foot in a courtroom

and much of the public ... so many spiteful people have always been of the “Well, there’s no smoke without fire” and “I knew it, I never liked them anyway”, when someone’s name is dragged through the mud. Long, long before a court appearance.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Many will know her for sleeping with every rising male star in an attempt to cling on to fame. Very sad she was so lacking in self confidence.

No, that’s not what I knew her for, but then again, I don’t read the gutter press.

BTW: Your comment comes over as ‘Slut Shaming’.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
David Walliams probably feels even more uncomfortable now than he did at the National Television awards a couple of weeks ago when his joke about her went down like a lead balloon.

Given how fragile she obviously was if his quip about her had been better received by her peers in the industry which would have made her feel even more isolated it could have sent her over the edge even earlier. I reckon Walliams had a bit of a lucky escape.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I wish I understood the reason why people let the scum tabloids/media get to them in such a way that they
feel they have no other option. There must be ways out, there must be ways of helping. Or perhaps I'm
failing to understand people. Tragic.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Many will know her for sleeping with every rising male star in an attempt to cling on to fame. Very sad she was so lacking in self confidence.

Totally unnecessary.

I hope in the cold light of day you will reassess what you’ve said and ask the moderators to remove it.

Out of interest are you a parent?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Isn’t she the one who had been charged with assault of her partner recently? I wonder if the sympathy would be the same had this been a man...

Still a waste if young life, but a question that should be asked all the same IMO

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Probably the kind of spiteful comment that messed her mind up in the first place :tosser:

I reckon the ex-boyfriend coward who grassed her up over a domestic and got her sacked might be feeling a bit guilty at the moment :tosser:

RIP Caroline

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Probably the kind of spiteful comment that messed her mind up in the first place :tosser:

I reckon the ex-boyfriend coward who grassed her up over a domestic and got her sacked might be feeling a bit guilty at the moment :tosser:

RIP Caroline

Not sure any victim of Domestic Abuse (male or female) should feel ‘guilty’ for ‘grassing up’

RIP

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn’t she the one who had been charged with assault of her partner recently? I wonder if the sympathy would be the same had this been a man...

Still a waste if young life, but a question that should be asked all the same IMO

It would.

The vast majority of NSC’ers are decent people who show respect, regardless of the deceased’s gender or anything else.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wish I understood the reason why people let the scum tabloids/media get to them in such a way that they
feel they have no other option. There must be ways out, there must be ways of helping. Or perhaps I'm
failing to understand people. Tragic.

I’ve seen it.

People suffering in the moment are locked into a state of total despair, they fail to recognise that close one’s love them with all their heart, the world seems dark, there’s no point to them carrying on.

Sad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here