Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] no game music thread #5,827 Favourite album that isn't regarded as one of their best

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
For Starters

My favourite Bowie album is 'Lodger'
My favourite Beatles album is 'Rubber Soul'
My favourite Husker Du album is 'Warehouse: Songs And Stories"
My favourite REM album is "New Adventures In Hi Fi"
My favourite Talking Heads album is "Fear Of Music"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My favourite Pink Floyd album is Obscured by Clouds
My favourite Caravan Album is If I could Do It All Over Again I'd do it All Over You
My favourite Steely Dan Album is Katy Lied
My favourite Comsat Angels album is Land
My favourite Rolling Stones Album is Aftermath

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear god I might watch Southampton v Burnley.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I gave Sandinista a crack this morning and was impressed. Didn't finish it though.

Good doco about The Clash on Spotify at the moment. Narrated by Chuck D.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Verve's A Northern Soul is an absolute masterpiece. Far better than Urban Hymns.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I gave Sandinista a crack this morning and was impressed. Didn't finish it though.

Good doco about The Clash on Spotify at the moment. Narrated by Chuck D.

nice heads up there, The Clash are a band that I prefer reading about rather than listening to these days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My favourite Floyd album is Atom Heart Mother
My favourite Neil Young album is Comes A Time
My favourite Stones album is Exile on Main St
My favourite Beatles album is Revolver
My favourite Dylan album is Highway 61 Revisited

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
nice heads up there, The Clash are a band that I prefer reading about rather than listening to these days.

Having absolutely neglected them since 1981, I bought all the CDs with Mick Jones on a year ago, and love them. Sandinista is my favourite.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Pink Floyd Final Cut album. More of a Solo by Waters. Can i say Amused to death also ? Not a floyd album though but still enjoyable.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
My favourite Floyd album is Atom Heart Mother
My favourite Neil Young album is Comes A Time
My favourite Stones album is Exile on Main St
My favourite Beatles album is Revolver
My favourite Dylan album is Highway 61 Revisited

Isn't Revolver everybody's favourite Beatles album?

The Royal Scam is my favourite Steely Dan album and Play my favourite by Squeeze..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't Revolver everybody's favourite Beatles album?

The Royal Scam is my favourite Steely Dan album and Play my favourite by Squeeze..

Rubber Soul, the White album, Sgt Peppers and for me the shit Let it be Be and Abbey Road ( George Harrison writing the only two good songs on this album) are very popular

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Dire Straits - Dire Straits
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the edge of town
The Who - Quadrophenia
Roxy Music - Flesh and blood (I love it but no-one I know shares the love).

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Book Of Souls

Iron Maiden

Really? I would have thought the 3 weakest albums are Virtual X1, The X Factor and No Prayer for the Dying. Of those I really think X Factor is really not that bad. It was just such a huge adjustment from Bruce to Blaze and massive shoes to fill.

I thought Book of Souls was generally well regarded. Personally I would say they need to watch song lengths. Albums need light and shade and one or two epics are fine but not every track needs to be 6 mins plus

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dear god I might watch Southampton v Burnley.

Yup. This season's been WAY too much stop and start. League football just seems more and more like something they just about manage to fit in alongside all the other crap. It's become more than a bit peurile IMHO. Balloon's anyone?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Really? I would have thought the 3 weakest albums are Virtual X1, The X Factor and No Prayer for the Dying. Of those I really think X Factor is really not that bad. It was just such a huge adjustment from Bruce to Blaze and massive shoes to fill.

I thought Book of Souls was generally well regarded. Personally I would say they need to watch song lengths. Albums need light and shade and one or two epics are fine but not every track needs to be 6 mins plus

I might have misunderstood the question?

The Book of Souls is my favourite Maiden album
But it's certainly not considered their best

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Big fan of the Unforgettable Fire

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There are some choices here that I would question whether they are not considered to be among an artist's best albums. Rubber Soul & Revolver always seemed to be talked about as two of The Beatles best albums (Personally I'd say 'The Best of the Beatles'). Fear of Music, Exile on Main Street, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Highway 61 Revisited I would argue are all generally considered to be in or around the top five albums those artists made. Anybody want to make a case for 'Self Portrait', 'High Hopes', 'Some Girls', 'Metal Machine Music', 'Tin Machine' or any album The Kinks made after 'Muswell Hillbillies'?

The best I can do is that 'All This Useless Beauty' is one of my top three Costello albums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here