Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ferdinand Documentary

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone else catch the documentary with Rio and his new wife on step kids etc? Was very good...

I noticed in it a framed letter from Rio to his eldest son Lorenz and it said ‘Brighton’s most dedicated keeper’...

Quick google and see he’s on our books as a keeper - part of me thinks I knew this but part of me thinks I didn’t? Cracking quote here in a mirror article:

‘According to Lorenz's Instagram account, he takes after his dad as he loves Brighton & Hove Albion FC.‘

Great to see.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone else catch the documentary with Rio and his new wife on step kids etc? Was very good...

I noticed in it a framed letter from Rio to his eldest son Lorenz and it said ‘Brighton’s most dedicated keeper’...

Quick google and see he’s on our books as a keeper - part of me thinks I knew this but part of me thinks I didn’t? Cracking quote here in a mirror article:

‘According to Lorenz's Instagram account, he takes after his dad as he loves Brighton & Hove Albion FC.‘

Great to see.

Yep, his son was mentioned in a thread about Rio last month - Rio Ferdinand Man United Quote

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Yes,it was very moving.
When I saw that his new wife was a “reality tv star” I rather foolishly assumed that she would be a self obsessed airhead ( see Gemma Collins), but she turned out to be very sensible and caring.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes,it was very moving.
When I saw that his new wife was a “reality tv star” I rather foolishly assumed that she would be a self obsessed airhead ( see Gemma Collins), but she turned out to be very sensible and caring.

She was excellent and so dedicated. Rio always comes across humble too.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Putting money aside - they came across as two decent people struggling to make sense on massive changes in their lives. Both really likeable - wish them all the best

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Putting money aside - they came across as two decent people struggling to make sense on massive changes in their lives. Both really likeable - wish them all the best

Money can’t buy happiness. Rio has had two tragedies in the last few years, and is trying to get his family back on track. Talking to other bereaved families and step families is helpful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I won't start a new thread....listening to on radio 5 now about his new 3 part documentary. One is about homosexuality. Apparently he has an interview with Potter (while still our manager) who had a lot to say. Potter mentions that one of his family (brother) is gay and that we have two openly gay players in our development squad. Crikey. I feel strangely proud.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Rio and the BBC don't think that homophobia is " Just banter" anymore then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here