Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wolves Vs Leicester

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep, more nonsense. "Clear and obvious mistakes"

He was even moving backwards in this instance.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So long as it was wolves who lucked out, who cares?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
<sigh>

Decision correct, rule ****ing stupid.

Clear blue daylight, please.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Worst one yet. Remember a few weeks back when some thought it was a good idea if feet were offside but arms and shoulders weren't?*

Back to the drawing board

*I might have agreed

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So if two attacking players break from the half way line with only the keeper to beat (no defenders) and one player passes to his team mate is the team mate automatically offside even if the pass is backwards ? I thought I understood football but am puzzled by this “being in an offside position” rule.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
So if two attacking players break from the half way line with only the keeper to beat (no defenders) and one player passes to his team mate is the team mate automatically offside even if the pass is backwards ? I thought I understood football but am puzzled by this “being in an offside position” rule.

Can’t be offside if you are ‘behind’ the ball when it’s passed

Believe the pass can be forwards or backwards.... but as long as you are behind the ball and the player passing it you can’t be offside.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Shirley that was passed backwards from a corner? Does that mean every goal from a corner could be offside if the attacker is ahead of the defenders?

You can not be offside from the restart of play when it has left the field of play. Goal kick, throw in or corner

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can’t be offside if you are ‘behind’ the ball when it’s passed

Believe the pass can be forwards or backwards.... but as long as you are behind the ball and the player passing it you can’t be offside.

Thanks.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Shirley that was passed backwards from a corner? Does that mean every goal from a corner could be offside if the attacker is ahead of the defenders?

It's the ball back to him that's offside. Only got it on the 4th time of watching.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Elsewhere Hull 3 - Swansea 4, Wayne Routledge on the scoresheet, wasn’t he part of the 5-0 up the road?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wow, I can see that now.

FFS - the Oliver/Dean partnership really had to work hard to piss everyone off for that one!

Clearly and obviously “clear and obvious”. I’m beginning not to enjoy PL football

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here