Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Andy Carroll - injury shock

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Out for the season by the looks, after volleying a ball in training...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...wcastle-future-in-doubt-volley-injury-setback

"It’s a big frustration,” said Bruce. “There was a time just before Christmas when Andy had made a few assists and started a few games but unfortunately he volleyed a ball and hasn’t been the same since.”

Then there's this...

"He is on a heavily incentivised contract in which his basic wage – understood to be around £20,000 a week – is inflated by appearance fees believed to be in the region of £75,000 for a start and £35,000 for a substitute’s role."

Imagine trousering £35,000 for coming off the bench in the last few minutes. I know we're all well beyond having our minds boggled by the money in the game these days, but this still gave me a double-take. Bloody hell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine still having to pay Andy Carroll £20,000 a week due to the most predictable outcome of a contract signing since Maradonna agreed to no more cocaines.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...wcastle-future-in-doubt-volley-injury-setback

"It’s a big frustration,” said Bruce. “There was a time just before Christmas when Andy had made a few assists and started a few games but unfortunately he volleyed a ball and hasn’t been the same since.”

Then there's this...

"He is on a heavily incentivised contract in which his basic wage – understood to be around £20,000 a week – is inflated by appearance fees believed to be in the region of £75,000 for a start and £35,000 for a substitute’s role."

Imagine trousering £35,000 for coming off the bench in the last few minutes. I know we're all well beyond having our minds boggled by the money in the game these days, but this still gave me a double-take. Bloody hell.

Sometimes after a big night out, when I'm too tired to come in to work on time, I show up at 16:30 and my boss gives me a £500 bonus. I still get my basic £250 a week sick pay as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would imagine Mike Ashley would be LESS than impressed at Bruce throwing Carroll on for the last knockings, just to use up a bit of time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would imagine Mike Ashley would be LESS than impressed at Bruce throwing Carroll on for the last knockings, just to use up a bit of time.

In fairness nobody is expecting Carroll to come onto the pitch at the same speed Gross left it.

It must take a couple of minutes to get out of his bath chair and put the blanket away.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
unfortunately he volleyed a ball and hasn’t been the same since.

If a sentence sums up one players career, it's this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Going by this, I'd assume he must be on about a million a goal.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
£20k a week for sitting in the physio’s for 95% of his contract. Everyone knew he was going to be a poor investment. How thick are they up at Newcastle?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A bit like Benteke then...

Very little risk of that particular chicken coming home to roost though, being as he barely averages a goal a season. But then they're already paying him north of £6.7m a year to stink the place out, so whats another mill amongst friends.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The very EPITOME of a player stealing a living from the game. The sicknote's sicknote :lol:

Even Paul Kitson thinks he takes the PISS...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Then there's this...

Thats two years wages for me for getting me trackie off and running around for 15 minutes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never mind Rishi Sunak, Johnson should be making Carroll's agent the Chancellor. He or she is clearly a complete wizard at money-making, the country's finances would improve in no time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here