Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] On This Day 1977: The Flumps made their television debut. Your kids TV - Go...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
... what the fook else have we got to talk about?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Go to 2:55 of this to see that while our team think they’re pretty cool, they’re just doing what Pootle did 43 years ago.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I always wanted to meet them. I asked at Victoria Station how to get to Wimbledon Common and they said I’d need to take two trains: the underground then the overground.

wombles.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Years ago when we are at Center Parcs, there was a question about The Flumps. They gave the answer as Poodle. They had an early Internet cafe kiosk style thing and being me, I had to go and look it up to prove to them it was Pootle. Before Internet Access, I had an argument over Steve Davis' nickname which they gave as 'Interesting'. They would not have it that it was actually 'The Nugget' and that Interesting was his Spitting Image character.

I know I need to get a life.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh, and if you don't say The Adventure Game, you are wrong and definitely not Doogy Rev

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
BOD

Bod, Pipkins (loved pig!!), Multi-coloured Swap Shop, Rhubarb & Custard

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can anyone recall a series, mid 70s, that was something to do with people getting struck down by some kind of chemical/virus type thing emanating from the Chinese ? It terrified me at the time but we always watched it................wasn't a kids programme. Just sprang to mind with the current CoViD-19 stuff going on but irritated I can't remember what it was called.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I always wanted to meet them. I asked at Victoria Station how to get to Wimbledon Common and they said I’d need to take two trains: the underground then the overground.

On the vaguest of vaguely-related matters, my dad worked for British Rail in sleepy old Rainham, Kent in the early 70s. He got seconded to Victoria underground ticket office to help out with the peak summer rush. Was working away quite happily one day when his office got an irate call from Tooting Broadway office asking the idiot who kept sending American tourists to them to stop doing so immediately, even if they DID ask for tickets to Tutankhamun :dunce:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
[SUB][/SUB]
Years ago when we are at Center Parcs, there was a question about The Flumps. They gave the answer as Poodle. They had an early Internet cafe kiosk style thing and being me, I had to go and look it up to prove to them it was Pootle.

At some shitty pub quiz in a shitty pub in shitty Bognor compered by a shitty barman, they insisted that this character was called Fingerbob.

C65034CA-84BD-429D-82ED-5500792142DF.jpeg

I complained till I was blue in the face that the show was Fingerbobs but the character was Fingermouse. Oh no, he insisted, with a smarmy, punch-magnet smile, that’s Fingerbob.

Twenty years ago. Still fuming.... :D

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Can anyone recall a series, mid 70s, that was something to do with people getting struck down by some kind of chemical/virus type thing emanating from the Chinese ? It terrified me at the time but we always watched it................wasn't a kids programme. Just sprang to mind with the current CoViD-19 stuff going on but irritated I can't remember what it was called.

Survivors by Mr Dalek himself Terry Nation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here