Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Copa 90 YouTube Channel

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Anyone watch Copa 90 on YouTube? Really is a fantastic channel. The Derby Days series is brilliant, focusing on loads of really interesting and unique derbies around Europe and the world with a lot of socio-economic history of the locations to give context to the derby. The main presenter is very good too.

They used to be about 20 minutes each but new hour long episodes are appearing now which are bloody brilliant: north Italy Lombardia region with Atalanta v Brescia which is really fascinating, and Union v Hertha Berlin which is a superb watch. Saints pompey too but not caught that one yet.

Get on it if you love your football fan culture!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The documentaries they do are superb. Derby days in particular is superb. Loving the new long form versions. Some really nice ones in the back catalogue, I particularly enjoyed the First Vienna/Sport Club Wien Derby of Love one. Really want to visit First Vienna at some point a team originally formed by English Gardners over a hundred years ago, hence their nickname and English spelling of the club name.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Seen a few of the Derby days, know most on here seem to find that stuff 'cringe' or 'tinpot' and maybe it's my European upbringing but I love it. Going on holiday I always look to see if there's a local game on to take it all in.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The documentaries they do are superb. Derby days in particular is superb. Loving the new long form versions. Some really nice ones in the back catalogue, I particularly enjoyed the First Vienna/Sport Club Wien Derby of Love one. Really want to visit First Vienna at some point a team originally formed by English Gardners over a hundred years ago, hence their nickname and English spelling of the club name.

Nice, not seen that one - will catch it over the weekend !

Yeah, the new ones have been brilliant. Learnt loads about the Lombardia region particularly! Berlin already knew the history of the city but all the info on the different non-league clubs there are and the history of union and hertha was great

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Seen a few of the Derby days, know most on here seem to find that stuff 'cringe' or 'tinpot' and maybe it's my European upbringing but I love it. Going on holiday I always look to see if there's a local game on to take it all in.

I think it's only seen as cringe here cos when clubs try it they don't do it well. See palace. If a club came along here that did it like they do some places abroad then I doubt people would call it cringe. It's a shame but we just do football differently here - we've never gone in for ultra culture like that, but obviously couldn't anyway now what with all the bloody restrictions. Can't even take a bottle with a bottle top into the stands ffs

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Well I really really need to bump this, its not cringe at all. Def one of the best football things I have ever had the fortune to come across. I couldn't recommend it highly enough to the good folks of NSC it would be this. Maybe some wont like it, But I think Its simply brilliant, much better than anything on the telly and production is really good and professional too.

Its not just about rivalries or Derbys, each episode is journey into the history, culture and peoples of the cities involved, their lives, how they live and how football is intertwined in their every day daily lives - Yes there are ultras and the match days - which I like, but it doesn't start from that - its the importance of football and how that interacts in that society with its people.... there's some really fascinating every day people with lots of great stories to tell - framed by the football clubs they support and what the rivalries mean.

I feel fortunate my mate pestered me, he sent m a link about 9 months ago and said "you've got to watch this, you'll love it", of course I didnt bother, he asked me 2 more times, so more to shut him up I did and within 10 minutes I was hooked and immersed, now watched 5 and cant wait to watch them all..... Its so much more than just football rivalry.

This was the one my mate sent that got me hooked - The Boca/River one - Such interesting every day people - but on match day, If you eve thought Brighton/Palace could get tasty this is just another level!

For a flavour of some of the presenters favourites (before the last series - not included)

I watched the Pompey Stains one (not as good as Boca/River)

Give the Boca River a go, 55 mins and I'd be surprised if you're a true football fan and interested in the cultures of the world that you wont love it too. Best thing on YT

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Well I really really need to bump this, its not cringe at all. Def one of the best football things I have ever had the fortune to come across. I couldn't recommend it highly enough to the good folks of NSC it would be this. Maybe some wont like it, But I think Its simply brilliant, much better than anything on the telly and production is really good and professional too.

Its not just about rivalries or Derbys, each episode is journey into the history, culture and peoples of the cities involved, their lives, how they live and how football is intertwined in their every day daily lives - Yes there are ultras and the match days - which I like, but it doesn't start from that - its the importance of football and how that interacts in that society with its people.... there's some really fascinating every day people with lots of great stories to tell - framed by the football clubs they support and what the rivalries mean.

I feel fortunate my mate pestered me, he sent m a link about 9 months ago and said "you've got to watch this, you'll love it", of course I didnt bother, he asked me 2 more times, so more to shut him up I did and within 10 minutes I was hooked and immersed, now watched 5 and cant wait to watch them all..... Its so much more than just football rivalry.

This was the one my mate sent that got me hooked - The Boca/River one - Such interesting every day people - but on match day, If you eve thought Brighton/Palace could get tasty this is just another level!

For a flavour of some of the presenters favourites (before the last series - not included)

Give the Boca River a go, 55 mins and I'd be surprised if you're a true football fan and interested in the cultures of the world that you wont love it too. Best thing on YT

I really enjoyed the Bosnian one in Sarajevo with the football club with a steam train on a plinth in the stand. The club translates literally as 'the railway worker Sarajevo'.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I got interviewed by them at the Russia world cup, but they didn't use any of the footage, I've boycotted them ever since :)

They seemed to have a bit of a left wing anti Brexit agenda in their questioning at the time which may explain why my responses weren't used :)

I possibly also mentioned I was a Brighton fan about 20 times which may not have helped.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Watching it now. Why the **** did MacAllister come here instead?! What a place to play.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I really enjoyed the Bosnian one in Sarajevo with the football club with a steam train on a plinth in the stand. The club translates literally as 'the railway worker Sarajevo'.

Thanks I'll def add that to the list with [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] Vienna one, sound very different types of programs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here