Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Opening scenes to a movie ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Watching Jaws tonight and that first scene is pretty dramatic.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It does. I thought of that when I posted. I was shell shocked when I first saw that film. Which was the idea I guess.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I may not be that dramatic or surprising but I would go for the opening scene(s) in Stan and Ollie.... Stan and Ollie are in their dressing room have just had their make-up done having a cigarette and talking about their wives and what they are doing at the weekend and then they put their jackets and bowler hats on and walk out down a corridor to the film set where they immediately go in to filming the dance scene from Way out West. Marvellous to behold.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I may not be that dramatic or surprising but I would go for the opening scene(s) in Stan and Ollie.... Stan and Ollie are in their dressing room have just had their make-up done having a cigarette and talking about their wives and what they are doing at the weekend and then they put their jackets and bowler hats on and walk out down a corridor to the film set where they immediately go in to filming the dance scene from Way out West. Marvellous to behold.

A brilliant, touching, heart-warming film, Coogan was supreme. It helps also if you liked Laurel & Hardy growing up, I did.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
As a kid, the opening to Back to the Future was pretty amazing in the cinema. All those clocks, then Marty enters, unknowingly bangs his skateboard into a box of plutonium, tries to use an amp and is blown across the room by a sound blast.

And I’ll never forget being in the old, huge Screen 3 in the Brighton Odeon in 2000 finally being able to see A Clockwork Orange. And what an opening! That funereal synth music, Alex raising a glass of milk to the audience, the camera slowly pulls back revealing his scowling droogs and the surreal milk bar... Brilliant!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here