Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] At last - an end to Stubhub and Viagogo in sight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ty-reselling-tickets-peter-hunter-david-smith

Two of the UK’s most prolific ticket touts have been found guilty of fraud, in an important case that could have significant implications for people who buy tickets to sell them for profit.

Peter Hunter and David Smith, trading as Ticket Wiz and BZZ, used multiple identifies and bots to buy £4m worth of tickets to events including gigs by Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift as well as West End shows such as Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. The pair sold them on secondary ticketing websites for £10.8m, jurors at Leeds crown court were told.

The two largest players, StubHub and Viagogo, are still trading despite multiple complaints from consumers, the condemnation of MPs and an abortive lawsuit against Viagogo from the consumer regulator.

Excellent news. Hopefully this means the days are numbered now for scum like Stubhub and Viagogo. I've long been AMAZED that they could apparently legally hoover up thousands of tickets to events, and then sell them on at a massive markup to the face value. Complete and utter rip-off.

I was mightily macked-off last summer at dipping out on the MLB tickets at the London Stadium. There was very little chance of buying them 'officially'. The only way was through these resale sites, and sure enough they were fasands of them on there, all selling at 3-4 times the face value. Sickening.

Stubhub and Viagogo should now be pursued with the full force of the law now, and permanently BINNED.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
providing a service that obviously customers want !!

Bollocks. They're providing a service that customers get STUCK with, because they've already bought up all the tickets before anyone else gets a chance. All they ever did was create desperation. It should have been declared illegal years ago, its incredible that its been allowed to fester and go unchecked for so long.

I hope these remaining companies fold pronto, so I'll have a chance of getting some tickets this time round for the baseball. Because last year it was a complete write-off thanks directly to them and their like.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
, so I'll have a chance of getting some tickets this time round for the baseball. Because last year it was a complete write-off thanks directly to them and their like.

Leaving it late, tickets have been on General sale for ages and were advertised at the West Ham away game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
providing a service that obviously customers want !!

What customers want large companies to buy up large quantity of Gig tickets and have them sold back to them for twice the price. No one wants that.

What would work would be a site that sold tickets at face value for paying customers who could not go and charge a small transaction fee for processing of the transaction, much like an autioneer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Leaving it late, tickets have been on General sale for ages and were advertised at the West Ham away game.

I hadn't checked this time yet after last years experience (when I actually registered well in advance with MLB for email updates on tickets, but to no avail). I'll have a looky ta.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
What I’ve never understood is that if these sites can sell tickets at such high prices because there is the demand and the willingness to pay then why don’t the promoters charge the higher price in the first place?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Bollocks. They're providing a service that customers get STUCK with, because they've already bought up all the tickets before anyone else gets a chance. All they ever did was create desperation. It should have been declared illegal years ago, its incredible that its been allowed to fester and go unchecked for so long.

I hope these remaining companies fold pronto, so I'll have a chance of getting some tickets this time round for the baseball. Because last year it was a complete write-off thanks directly to them and their like.

It`s the customer that keeps these scumbags going !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What I’ve never understood is that if these sites can sell tickets at such high prices because there is the demand and the willingness to pay then why don’t the promoters charge the higher price in the first place?

there was suggestion they do, forwarding large amounts of tickets to the reseller sites. quite why this is done underhand isnt clear.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It`s the customer that keeps these scumbags going !

Unfortunately, given the choice of being ripped off or missing out, a lot of people still choose being ripped off. That doesn't make it in any way justifiable though.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What customers want large companies to buy up large quantity of Gig tickets and have them sold back to them for twice the price. No one wants that.

What would work would be a site that sold tickets at face value for paying customers who could not go and charge a small transaction fee for processing of the transaction, much like an autioneer

The solution is out there
https://www.twickets.live/how-it-works?locale=en_GB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here