Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sky contract

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
They have had some good offers recently for existing customers, so worth calling and trying.
If they say no, go back in 4 months and try again.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
They never used to but when I rang up recently to add BT Sport they gave me a new 18 month contract for all my other TV packages. Seems there are deals to be had. As a guide I pay £90 for Sky Q, movies & sports, BT Sport and fast broadband.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have just purchased a package, not from SKY for £50 p;er year andf includes all Sky Channels incl Sport and I am told PPV but havent tried that yet.

I've had various Kodi, firesticks etc. They work for a while, but the companies get better and better a shutting them down. Are you going to use a VPN? Who supplies your broadband because it will be them that stop the feeds if the service gets identified, then you might find you've paid £50 for a months TV...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can you negotiate new terms while still in a current contract?

Yeah of course, in any contract if both parties agree to change the terms it's entirely down to them. You can negotiate a new set of services and if they're happy they'll sign you to a new term and have you as a customer well passed the 4 months.

Best thing to do is ring and say you're going to leave at the end of your current term and ask what you need to do to put that in motion. That usually gets them coming up with the best offers.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Yeah of course, in any contract if both parties agree to change the terms it's entirely down to them. You can negotiate a new set of services and if they're happy they'll sign you to a new term and have you as a customer well passed the 4 months.

Best thing to do is ring and say you're going to leave at the end of your current term and ask what you need to do to put that in motion. That usually gets them coming up with the best offers.

That was my intention but I’m unsure what’s best to do let it run out and see what reductions they’ll offer to keep me or try and negotiate a 50% reduction early

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I've had various Kodi, firesticks etc. They work for a while, but the companies get better and better a shutting them down. Are you going to use a VPN? Who supplies your broadband because it will be them that stop the feeds if the service gets identified, then you might find you've paid £50 for a months TV...

Had mine 4 years and still going strong..

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Had mine 4 years and still going strong..

I've tried various services, but invariably buffering, unavailability when I've need it etc. had me giving up. I don't subscribe to movie and sports channels anyway.

If you've had an uninterrupted, problem free service for 4 years, then very well played. :clap2:

Please feel free to PM the details. :wink:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Do you have access to Virgin media in your area? If so, tell Sky that Virgin are willing to give you a better deal than you currently have with Sky and that they mentioned they were willing to give you credit on your new Virgin account to help with any early termination fees. The only thing is Sky may tie you into a new 18/24 month contract but at least you'll know and be happy with what you are paying them.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Do you have access to Virgin media in your area? If so, tell Sky that Virgin are willing to give you a better deal than you currently have with Sky and that they mentioned they were willing to give you credit on your new Virgin account to help with any early termination fees. The only thing is Sky may tie you into a new 18/24 month contract but at least you'll know and be happy with what you are paying them.

Funnily enough I just looked at them for a price comparison and they are in my area

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Funnily enough I just looked at them for a price comparison and they are in my area

There's no harm in giving them a call and letting them know your situation with Sky. See what the best deal is they can offer and take it from there. Play one against the other.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No you can't. With 4 months left you won't get any sort of good deal. My Sky deal has no contract. Just ongoing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here