Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Gangs of London (TV Show)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Figured I'd note in the header it's a TV show in the hopes of avoiding the typical posts a thread about London gangs might bring...

It's a new Sky Original from Gareth Evans - director of the incredible 'The Raid' movies.

https://youtu.be/SZRVEFtHaHc

I'm not normally a fan of gang movies. Usually seeing 'sky original' in a trailer puts me off, making me think of a lame British attempt to do an American-style show without truly understanding American shows. But this looks brilliant and I chalk that up almost entirely to Gareth Evans. If you haven't seen 'The Raid' or 'The Raid: Redemption' you are missing out. They are truly fantastic martial arts movies. Get over any issue you have with 'reading' movies. Just watch them and marvel in the balletic action.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
When does that start then?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Will definitely give it a go as love a good gritty gangster yarn. Noted that Colm Meaney features briefly and that's a good sign as was in the brilliant Layer Cake which is easily Daniel Craig's best film.

If you don't mind subtitles it's a must to check out Gomorrah the series about the mafia in Naples. Gritty is an understatement!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It is really over the top violence such as 11 bank employees having their right hands cut off etc . It makes it like a horror film rather than a gangster film and has quite a few exploding heads. It is being shown on Now TV through BT vision .

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Incredibly. I actually laughed out loud a couple of times at the level of violence which really was just for the sake of being really violent. Enjoyed it overall though got pretty silly at the end.

Completely agree. It was very watchable but got dafter as it went on particularly in the indestructible gypsy eventual demise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here