Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Museum

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Quick question - I have a very old book from the 1905-6 season which has a section about the Albion in, and I was thinking of donating it to the museum at the Amex as its just gathering dust at home. Its only a couple of pages about us, but very interesting to read all about the beginnings of the Albion and the players who first represented the club.

Anyone know who to get in touch with about it, or do I just drop in one day with it?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Quick question - I have a very old book from the 1905-6 season which has a section about the Albion in, and I was thinking of donating it to the museum at the Amex as its just gathering dust at home. Its only a couple of pages about us, but very interesting to read all about the beginnings of the Albion and the players who first represented the club.

Anyone know who to get in touch with about it, or do I just drop in one day with it?
Tim Carder is your man, not sure if he's on NSC...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

What book is it, out of interest?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Tim Carder is your man, not sure if he's on NSC...

He occasionally posts on here as The History Man. I'll PM you his email address.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It was a terrible season if my memory serves. Dickie Joynes the only shining light.

#RealFan

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It was a terrible season if my memory serves. Dickie Joynes the only shining light.

#RealFan

I remember the away game at Royal Engineers. It took three days to get there. Three of us standing in the open in the rain, on a cinder bank, and one of us had rickets.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Could you scan it and publish on NSC. I am sure we’d find it interesting. My great grandfather played from 1904/6, so I’d be very interested.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I remember the away game at Royal Engineers. It took three days to get there. Three of us standing in the open in the rain, on a cinder bank, and one of us had rickets.

Ah yes, quality team. Corporal Alfred Webber was a fine centre-half.

There was actually four of us that day. Everyone always forgets that poor old Bertram had to take the photo.

c3b512ae1b0bea1e0a7d38f73db3d9ff.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Pies were good though Jack.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I remember the away game in February at Middlesborough in the FA Cup. (Drew 1-1). The train ran out of coal on the way home and we had to spend a week in Cleethorpes. Middlesborough was a real dump in those days (1906). The smog was so bad at Ayresome Park that you couldn't see across the pitch, indeed the Middlesborough left winger had to be led around by a pit pony as it was used to seeing in the dark. They had a good side though, even the pit pony had two caps for Wales.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Please post a photo of the second page that was an interesting read I was looking at the photo of the players thinking I don't recall any of the names only then to see its Bristol not Brighton

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Times don't change much. There was a promising lad called Buckley in midfield in 1905, but "a good centre (forward) is badly needed"

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Pies were good though Jack.

They were. I remember having ye olde steak and ale pie, washed down with a bushel of Harveys in a pewter tankard.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That was Glenn Murray’s first season with us, wasn’t it?

I think my grandad went to that very game, but sadly was refused entry. The bicycle clips he needed to stop his trousers from getting tangled in the large wheel of his Penny Farthing were on the banned list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here