Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is membership still necessary for big games?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Checked online tickets left for Arsenal match at Amex in just over a months time. It goes on sale to anyone with a ‘purchase history’ tomorrow and there are plenty of tickets left.
Talking to a few people I know they don’t bother with membership anymore as it’s easier to get tickets generally now.
I’ve had season tickets at times at The Goldstone, Withdean and Amex. Currently a My Albion + membership.
Just wondered what others feelings were about general demand and ease of getting tickets?
Is membership a must have? Going by the Arsenal match I’d say not but maybe that’s not the case for other matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Checked online tickets left for Arsenal match at Amex in just over a months time. It goes on sale to anyone with a ‘purchase history’ tomorrow and there are plenty of tickets left.
Talking to a few people I know they don’t bother with membership anymore as it’s easier to get tickets generally now.
I’ve had season tickets at times at The Goldstone, Withdean and Amex. Currently a My Albion + membership.
Just wondered what others feelings were about general demand and ease of getting tickets?
Is membership a must have? Going by the Arsenal match I’d say not but maybe that’s not the case for other matches.

Will it be as easy for the Liverpool game or Man City?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I bought tickets last week using my membership and struggled to find 2 seats together unless it was in the front 3 rows and so exposed to the elements.
If you only want one ticket, it's probably not worth the membership fee.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Most away games go to general sale now, and home games either go to general sale or if they get close to selling out the exchange opens and tickets can be sourced through that if you can keep an eye on it.

Membership possibly makes it a bit easier / less hassle to buy tickets, but in general it’s not necessary so many may see it as a waste of money.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With this match having the potential to get moved due to Arsenal's involvement in the Europa league, that might delay a few from buying until their fate in that competition is known.

Have two friends who would like to go to this match (who aren't ST holders) but are rostered to work on the Sunday so are hoping it won't get moved. If Arsenal get knocked out of the Europa League and the game stays on the Saturday then they'll book. Suspect a few people might be in the same position. Ironically I'm away on that Sunday too so am desperately hoping it stays on the Saturday otherwise I'll have to give up my seat.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Most away games go to general sale now, and home games either go to general sale or if they get close to selling out the exchange opens and tickets can be sourced through that if you can keep an eye on it.

Membership possibly makes it a bit easier / less hassle to buy tickets, but in general it’s not necessary so many may see it as a waste of money.

But I did get a quality wash-bag this year!

Also - away games do go to general sale, but often the only seats left are right down the front. Membership helps with that aspect.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I bought tickets last week using my membership and struggled to find 2 seats together unless it was in the front 3 rows and so exposed to the elements.
If you only want one ticket, it's probably not worth the membership fee.

this. membership required if wanting 2+ seats.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Comes in handy for away games for me, not really noticed I wouldn't have been able to get a home ticket this season without membership

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
This old subject title is one I would have started a new thread with , so using the old one.

With 7 home games to go , there are now none that previous purchase history will allow you to buy a ticket or even buy from the exchange.

I expected that for the top 6, but not Forest and Everton.

The club are basically forcing you to buy a membership now, even to see 4 or 5 games a season, which is another £33 into their pockets.

They will have empty seats though , by not allowing exchange purchases by non members, even last Saturday there were a hundred plus seats left unsold and that allowed non members to buy- so will be even more empty ones banning non members from the exchange.

Last season it was top 6 only where membership was a must, now and going forward, it looks like it will be 80- 90% of games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here