Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iPad upgrades or repairs

Nostalgia2

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
I have an old Generation 4 iPad, it is now extremely slow and yesterday kept flashing across all the apps/ icons and it took me ages even to turn it off. Can they be upgraded and if so at what rough cost,or repaired,is it likely to be the battery, can that be replaced. Is there anywhere in the Brighton/ Shoreham / Worthing area to be recommended?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Can't upgrade, not worth repairing. Regrettably, a new one's really your only option.

Released in 2012; support ended 2017 - it's a dinosaur in computing terms.

Nostalgia2

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
Can't upgrade, not worth repairing. Regrettably, a new one's really your only option.

Released in 2012; support ended 2017 - it's a dinosaur in computing terms.

Thanks Schmunk that seems to answer everything. Any info on new iPads,cheapest , where to buy etc or other recommendations?

Nostalgia2

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
Thanks schmunk, that seems to answer everything. Any ideas on cheapest prices of new ipads, which to buy and who from etc, any good offers, dont want anything fancy?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks schmunk, that seems to answer everything. Any ideas on cheapest prices of new ipads, which to buy and who from etc, any good offers, dont want anything fancy?

Apple themselves have a refurb section where you'll save a bit. Often the units are brand new, and have just had their boxes open. You get a full warranty anyway: https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/ipad

Amazon often offer small discounts, making them cheaper than Apple's regular sales section: https://amzn.to/2uGSdQX

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

In terms of your iPad 4. They are very well made, solid and reliable bits of kit so if your are not selling, you might want to find a single use job for the tablet in it’s retirement.

I use them at work with POS apps or HR rota log-ins. You could mount on the wall at home an turn into a permanent Spotify or Hive hub (for example), just get a kiosk app to fix the screen.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I have an old Generation 4 iPad, it is now extremely slow and yesterday kept flashing across all the apps/ icons and it took me ages even to turn it off. Can they be upgraded and if so at what rough cost,or repaired,is it likely to be the battery, can that be replaced. Is there anywhere in the Brighton/ Shoreham / Worthing area to be recommended?

If you want repair/new battery there's a place out the front of Churchill Square called iSmash or something. Very professional etc and can give you a quote up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here