Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gosling and Bournemouth Report ref Moss for making 'sarky' comments

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/12/bournemouth-contact-premier-league-over-referee-jon-mosss-sarky-remarks

'Bournemouth have opened dialogue with the Premier League regarding the alleged conduct of Jon Moss during Sunday’s defeat at Sheffield United. The club have not submitted a formal complaint but are in dialogue with the league after Bournemouth players felt Moss mocked them during the game, with the midfielder Dan Gosling accusing the referee of showing “zero respect” by making alleged “niggly” and “sarky” comments towards him and his teammates.'

The absolute shit some of these players give the officials, and Dan Gosling is reporting Moss for making niggly comments.

So a ref gives a little bit back and the footballers go crying to their mummies. Are these guys for real? Honestly, makes you want to puke in a shoe.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
" Bournemouth are keen for the Premier League to explore microphone recordings of conversations Moss had during the game."

They do microphone recordings ?? Obviously we're all aware they're miked up, but I never knew it was all being recorded. Would love to hear some of the convos between The Complete And Utter Shyster and the players down the years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did he call them plucky or “not so smug now”? If so, I’m a fan

el punal

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/12/bournemouth-contact-premier-league-over-referee-jon-mosss-sarky-remarks

'Bournemouth have opened dialogue with the Premier League regarding the alleged conduct of Jon Moss during Sunday’s defeat at Sheffield United. The club have not submitted a formal complaint but are in dialogue with the league after Bournemouth players felt Moss mocked them during the game, with the midfielder Dan Gosling accusing the referee of showing “zero respect” by making alleged “niggly” and “sarky” comments towards him and his teammates.'

The absolute shit some of these players give the officials, and Dan Gosling is reporting Moss for making niggly comments.

So a ref gives a little bit back and the footballers go crying to their mummies. Are these guys for real? Honestly, makes you want to puke in a shoe.

I wonder if it was Gosling’s Bentley that Jordan Ibe drove into the coffee shop? :whistle:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
One of the Prem refs recently spotted by the cameras mouthing 'that's the worst throw in I've ever seen' when a player complained about a foul throw decision...Niggly!!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Moss has been on the balloons again...

DoCfFkvU4AAU66T.jpg.png

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think some players might do better to concentrate on their own performances rather than a referee's. This smacks of the time Ferguson complained about referee Alan Wiley's fitness in a Manchester United game and it was then found that Wiley had covered more ground than most of Ferguson's players.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Slightly over the top from Gosling, but Moss (and other referees) should keep their mouth shut. They get paid a lot of money to officiate the game and should concentrate on getting this right IMO.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think some players might do better to concentrate on their own performances rather than a referee's. This smacks of the time Ferguson complained about referee Alan Wiley's fitness in a Manchester United game and it was then found that Wiley had covered more ground than most of Ferguson's players.

This smacks of being able to dish it out and not be able to take the slightest bit back.

Genuinely would be horrified and embarrassed if this was us or one of our players. Really shows you're up the fight when a couple of sarky comments from a ref upset you enough to go public.

Bournemouth go away to Burnley next, I'm sure the home support won't mention it...:whistle:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I've just read this on the BBC, would love it if the PL agreed to mike up the players then proceeded to dish bans out for every bit of abuse the players give refs.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't mind seeing this at all. A nice little peak into the mindset within the camp

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hopefully the comments were along the lines of 'Doubt I'll be handling any of your games next season..........I'm not scheduled to referee any Championship games'

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Curious to know what the players said to the officials now. Don't see them as being completely blameless in this scenario.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did he mention ‘Tinpot’ ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Slightly over the top from Gosling, but Moss (and other referees) should keep their mouth shut. They get paid a lot of money to officiate the game and should concentrate on getting this right IMO.

By the same token: football players are paid a lot of money to kick a ball around, not to harass and harangue referees whenever a decision go against them, so should keep their mouths shut.

Honestly, it's f**king ridiculous the amount of times we've all seen players right up in the ref's face and then to see some weak bullshit like this is just laughable.

Gosling can get right in the f**king sea with this nonsense.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think this is rubbish. Football has tried and failed to curb player's disrespectful attitude toward officials and the abuse they give them.

We are now in a place where the referee is expected to 'manage' the game through constant dialogue with these 22 other people who are trying their best to deceive, cheat, abuse, feign, and influence them. That an official might feel like giving back a bit of sarcasm is absolutely fine by me with the amount of crap they have to take.

Of course Bournemouth will now have to act as the perfect team in their next game away to Burnley. Unless they want to be the total hypocrites they are setting themselves up for, they'll need to have a completely ref abusing free game. Will be interesting to see if they manage it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think this is rubbish. Football has tried and failed to curb player's disrespectful attitude toward officials and the abuse they give them.

We are now in a place where the referee is expected to 'manage' the game through constant dialogue with these 22 other people who are trying their best to deceive, cheat, abuse, feign, and influence them. That an official might feel like giving back a bit of sarcasm is absolutely fine by me with the amount of crap they have to take.

Of course Bournemouth will now have to act as the perfect team in their next game away to Burnley. Unless they want to be the total hypocrites they are setting themselves up for, they'll need to have a completely ref abusing free game. Will be interesting to see if they manage it.

when they're 2-0 down after 25 minutes they may find it hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here