Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it acceptable for Albion players to do ‘balloons’ on a team night out?

Well?

• Yes, it’s fine (I’m under 40)

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Yes, it’s fine (I’m 40 or over)

Votes: 94 28.2%
  • No, it’s not good (I’m under 40)

Votes: 33 9.9%
  • No, it’s not good (I’m 40 or over)

Votes: 122 36.6%
  • I’m unsure (I’m under 40)

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • I’m unsure (I’m 40 or over)

Votes: 32 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
… in a scenario where they could be filmed and 'exposed'.

There's only one way to find out...

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
No, it doesn’t look great.

And the “young lads out having fun” excuse is a bit thin. They’re 28-30 not 18-20. Time they grew up.

It’s not the end of the world; they’re not drunk driving, maiming people in a brawl or masturbating in front of a mother and daughter, but it looks stupid and irresponsible.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Definitely not

1) it's embarrassing. 12 year old antics.

2) they're paid 50/60k a week to play football part of the job is being a role model to kids. Most people would dream of being in their job, they should act more responsibly.

Saying all that it was pretty stupid for the club to take them to Tenerife. There's a reason clubs all go to Dubai , Miami etc because there are mechanisms to cover up bad behaviour in those places :)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst my vote was Yes, as in it's no big deal really, I'd prefer them not to.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No, it doesn’t look great.

And the “young lads out having fun” excuse is a bit thin. They’re 28-30 not 18-20. Time they grew up.

It’s not the end of the world; they’re not drunk driving, maiming people in a brawl or masturbating in front of a mother and daughter, but it looks stupid and irresponsible.

Apart from the fact that two of the 4 players are under 28, of course.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In the current climate it looks bad. However I would sooner change the climate rather than the behavior. I don't really get that is so bad about it.... Looks like a bit if a laugh.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Oh come on. If that's what they want to do in their leisure time when they don't have a game for ages what on earth is wrong with that?We all do - or have done - crazy things under the influence of alchohol at party time and these are young men doing just that. Bet Ali J wasn't involved though!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh come on. If that's what they want to do in their leisure time when they don't have a game for ages what on earth is wrong with that?We all do - or have done - crazy things under the influence of alchohol at party time and these are young men doing just that. Bet Ali J wasn't involved though!

He was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Footballers pissing about and having fun and being very naive when on a winter break. I am shocked, outraged and convinced that this means they don’t care and that we are going down because of it.

Although I didn’t earn the sort of money they do and was never in the public eye I did far worse as a 20-30 year old, I find it very hard to get too precious about it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The main conclusion of this poll so far is that NSC is a haven for OLDSTERS!

88% of respondents so far are over 40.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The lost generation.

We have over forties and under fifteens, but those between are a minority.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Two separate questions here in my opinion:

1. Should it be acceptable for them to take part in a legal, fairly harmless activity while off duty? Yes.
2. Will the press and social media get on their collective high horse and make a massive deal out of it (making it an unwise thing to do)? Also yes.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The lost generation.

We have over forties and under fifteens, but those between are a minority.

Or they're all at work, doing proper jobs.

Poll will look v different tonight.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We are at a level now, where I think we can expect a better level of professionalism from our players than to see such antics and dismiss it as "young lads letting off steam."

These guys are being paid eye-watering sums of money, for their physical abilities, and as such they should be treating their bodies with more respect and looking at top sportsmen, top athletes and seeing what they do to perform at that level. the game is not played by "lads" at the top level, with a Tuesday Night Drinking Club, they should be setting their sights higher than that.

It's worth reading about the lifestyles of those who get to the top of their sport and stay there. Read about how Federer, Djokovic, CR7, and others prepare. I think I read somewhere about Djokovic winning whatever grand slam it was that meant he joined the elusive club of players who have won them all. He celebrated with a square of dark chocolate. Yes, it's a massive sacrifice to get to the top and stay there, but it's a long way back from that if you are "doing balloons" on a night out, like some chavvy teenager who used to frequent the dodgy nightclub down the road from where I worked in Greenwich.

Grow up, and be more professional.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The scariest thing about this poll is that we are almost all over 40 :)

The aging demographic of the football crowds.

Under 15s getting taken to games with their Dad, but as they get older, into their 20s, have their own bills to pay, and Dad is certainly not taking them to football every week, the majority drift away.

One day, football will wake up and see the problem, just hope it won't be too late.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely not

1) it's embarrassing. 12 year old antics.

2) they're paid 50/60k a week to play football part of the job is being a role model to kids. Most people would dream of being in their job, they should act more responsibly.

Saying all that it was pretty stupid for the club to take them to Tenerife. There's a reason clubs all go to Dubai , Miami etc because there are mechanisms to cover up bad behaviour in those places :)

:facepalm: Which bright spark had the good idea to take Duffy and Stephens to Tenerife for a rest?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The main conclusion of this poll so far is that NSC is a haven for OLDSTERS!

88% of respondents so far are over 40.

I thought this too. The younguns have somewhere else to argue pointlessly with people they have never met, I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here