Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No pressure then... for young Tariq Lamptey

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1606963/mac-allister-to-wear-the-number-ten-shirt

Three new numbers have been allocated to members of the squad following the January transfer window, and head coach Graham Potter has confirmed that the Argentinian will link up with his teammates at the start of next week ahead of the next Premier League game against Sheffield United on February 22nd.

Defender Tariq Lamptey, who also arrived at the club on the final day of last month, will wear the number two shirt previously worn by former club captain and now player development coach Bruno.

It means the young England international will follow in the footsteps of El Capitan when he pulls on a blue and white shirt for the first time following his deadline day move from Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Beram Kayal will take the number 25 jersey for the rest of the campaign after being recalled from his loan spell at Charlton Athletic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Also, the sacred 25 shirt is not just given out to any old Tom, Dick or Bobby! I expect to see King Kayal make some squads and get some minutes between now and the end of the season. Good luck to the man!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Also, the sacred 25 shirt is not just given out to any old Tom, Dick or Bobby! I expect to see King Kayal make some squads and get some minutes between now and the end of the season. Good luck to the man!

Absolutely. Beram gets to follow in the hallowed sleeves, of Jürgen Locadia, Scott Chamerlain, Craig Davies, Mark McCammon, Steve Claridge and Vegard Forren* :thumbsup:

*Forren may have actually not ever put his on.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It's good to see Lamptey already making changes to honour the shirt.

Untitled.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sensationalist load of rubbish. The sort of crap White on talkbollocks would be raving on about.

It’s a number on a shirt.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If he can't instantly control a 60 yard goal kick coming down from the heavens over his shoulder, then shift his weight to wrong foot the pressing opponents before curving a gorgeous pass infield with the outside of his foot, i'll drive him back to Chelsea myself

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... and don't get me started on retiring shirts numbers :angry: :facepalm:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well good luck to the lad and here's hoping that he wears the number and the shirt with pride, knowing that he follows in the sleeves of one of our greats and becomes a 'ledge' (yoof talk apparently) all by himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here