Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 14 years

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
aye up, we just moved house and i came across the brighton v leeds programme from the game when our daughter anastasia died. i was talking to my oldest son about it and he still remembers that round of applause and that your pitchside announcer said anastasia's name. i don't often come back on here but recently have stuck my nose in with regards to ben white.

it is now over 14 years since anastasia died, not sure how many of you were here back then but those that were hold a special place in our family.

do register for organ donation. when anastasia died there were three other children under our transplant team waiting for the same organ and they all died before getting a transplant. max's law will come into effect later in the year but until then, do your bit.

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a lovely yet poignant post. Nice to see you back on here.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I remember that back then. It's good to hear from you [MENTION=3003]Starry[/MENTION]. And I totally agree about the organ donorship. Good luck Leeds!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
aye up, we just moved house and i came across the brighton v leeds programme from the game when our daughter anastasia died. i was talking to my oldest son about it and he still remembers that round of applause and that your pitchside announcer said anastasia's name. i don't often come back on here but recently have stuck my nose in with regards to ben white.

it is now over 14 years since anastasia died, not sure how many of you were here back then but those that were hold a special place in our family.

do register for organ donation. when anastasia died there were three other children under our transplant team waiting for the same organ and they all died before getting a transplant. max's law will come into effect later in the year but until then, do your bit.

14 years! But yes, I remember it well. (I'm guessing that's you, Mr Starry? Your wife also used to use the account). All the very best to you and your family.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I too remember this sad event, I also remember Starry as a very laid back poster on football with a great sense of humour about the massive points deduction Leeds had at the time. All the best to you and your family Starry.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Time flies, good to see you back on here.

Here's hoping the new law makes a difference.

Look after Ben White - the only way he'll stay with you is if we go down and you go up.

I see the Packers continue their domination over the Bears.....

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Please let's all make sure that we register and tell our friends and family of our wishes.

I am so pleased that the law has been changed. Shame on anyone who wants to "opt out". Why wouldn't they want to help save the lives of others when they are gone.

Best wishes to you and your family Starry

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Hi [MENTION=3003]Starry[/MENTION] - so nice to hear you again on NSC.
Gosh how time files, I remember your postings that evening shortly after your loss - so sad - FOURTEEN years? Where did they go?

For some reason I always thought Mr Starry for [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION] - did I get that wrong somewhere?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hi [MENTION=3003]Starry[/MENTION] - so nice to hear you again on NSC.
Gosh how time files, I remember your postings that evening shortly after your loss - so sad - FOURTEEN years? Where did they go?

For some reason I always thought Mr Starry for [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION] - did I get that wrong somewhere?

If I did know, I've forgotten who Mr Starry is, it's not me! I've been zefarelly since last century.

I do, or did have a (sadly late) ex band mate and friend who was starry, eyed and laughing?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I did know, I've forgotten who Mr Starry is, it's not me! I've been zefarelly since last century.

I do, or did have a (sadly late) ex band mate and friend who was starry, eyed and laughing?!

As in the band Starry Eyed and Laughing? Had a good album of theirs back in the day, very Dylan and Byrds influenced.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lovely to hear from you again Starry.

Is Ben White doing as well as we hear ?...be good to get a more considered opinion

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As in the band Starry Eyed and Laughing? Had a good album of theirs back in the day, very Dylan and Byrds influenced.

Very Byrds-ey . . . . Mick the drummer I was in a band with around 1991-2 . . I met some of the rest of them at his funeral a few years ago.. They were either 10 years ahead or behind the times as many people have noted . . . . their 1975 Rockplast gig has just been released, the only live recording known. Also featuring Worthing guitarist Roger Kelly ( also of streetband fame - toast, with Paul Young) Another member of the band I was in, was executor to Micks Will, and offered me his drum kit, for my lad, we've restored it and he's upgraded some of the hardware, whilst keeping the original early 70's Rogers shells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdv8yVyTfIw

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Best wishes.

(I still hope Leeds blow it, obviously...)

don't worry, we will. pretty much a dead cert.

and cheers all. time flies eh.

ben white does alright, i think he had a better start to the season than his performances recently, weak aerially but bielsa has them all running until they can't run anymore ansd that level of fitness across the team makes us look better than our true natural talent. still, after 15 years of misery they are finally a joy to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here