Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your smallest ever away crowd (that you were part of).

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I think it was 2010, the Albion away at Colchester United, so not that long ago from these glamourous Premier League days. It was a freezing cold Monday night and the match was on Sky. I don’t think there were more than 200 of us. It was a sh*t turnout, it was a sh*t game, it was a complete waste of time for everyone involved. Tell that to the kids these days and they won’t believe you.

*and unlike the match talked about below, it was a league match.

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Southend United in the Freight Rover trophy a couple of years ago I think it was reported as 75 but in a friendly pre season 54 in attendance.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Away at Middlesbrough in the League cup. I think it was something like 1994. I was on the 1 coach that travelled with something like 30 fans. The weather was horrendous and we lost 5-0 at Ayresome park. I recall arriving back to the Goldstone at 4am where I then walked back to Worthing as it was hours before the next train.... Would I do it again? Definitely as it's a memory I'll never forget

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Swansea away late nineties on a Friday night. 2-2 and Ross Johnson scores his only two goals for the club in the same game. You could count the people and it was sixty something from memory.

Jul 7, 2003
Quite a few northern midweek away games in the gory years where there was one supporters club coach plus a few hardy souls who made their own way and a handful of northern based Albion fans. Often only a couple of hundred max in those days.

Seem to remember Doncaster bringing 32 fans to the Goldstone as we were able to count them quite easily.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Pre season friendly at Torquay, circa 2008. A smattering off Albion fans enjoying Graeme Smith in goal and Craig Davies coming on as a sub and getting sent off. Just 0-1.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Walsall always in some weird cup. Lost 5 nil and there was genuinely players playing for us I’d never heard of.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Swansea v Albion in the LDV Vans Trophy Round 1 Southern section in October 2001.

We won 2-1 thanks to a late Lee Steele effort. Maybe 50 or so in the Away end behind the goal?

Albion: Kuipers, Pethick, Watson, Crosby, Wicks, Jones, Melton, Pitcher, Rogers, Lehmann, Steele.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Blackburn as short a time ago as 2013. Evening match, perishing cold - ice on the cobbled streets coming from the station. Around 120 of us to see Spanish Dave equalise with a penalty - which was our first shot on target (and last kick of the match).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Grim day playmouth away. We won 3-0. Codner x2 and Nogan. Probably about 1993.

I follow brackley in national league north. We took about 2 to Hereford earlier this season. They had a decent crowd That day so when we equalised it was brilliant being one of a tiny handful cheering.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Away at Middlesbrough in the League cup. I think it was something like 1994. I was on the 1 coach that travelled with something like 30 fans. The weather was horrendous and we lost 5-0 at Ayresome park. I recall arriving back to the Goldstone at 4am where I then walked back to Worthing as it was hours before the next train.... Would I do it again? Definitely as it's a memory I'll never forget

I went to Middlesbrough mid week when the heating broke was this the one? Drove into Luton to get another bus which was worse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Liverpool in the league when we won 1-0 there wasn’t many. Year prior to the famous cup win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here