Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquerdo

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is he REALLY that quick?

I recall a game at The Amex, runaway break 2/3 of the pitch towards the Norff but got caught and didn't get a shot away.

He was extremely quick. With that example, you're not comparing like-with-like, because the person carrying the ball will have to adjust their stride to continue doing so, whereas those chasing won't have to do it.
The big question is whether he remains as quick post-injury, along with the related one of whether his ability to switch direction is retained post-injury. Disappointingly, I'd expect the answer to at least one of these questions is no.

PS I think the example you're thinking of was our first PL season 2-2 draw with Bournemouth

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I would be amazed if he plays any part this season (based on absolutely nothing I'll admit). Best we can hope for, in my opinion, is he somehow regains full fitness, has a good pre-season and is like a new player for us next season. I have my doubts as to even that though.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Presumably, he is not in the 25 man squad, so he can't, or do we have any spare places?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The forgotten man. No offense to him but what a waste of wages so far. Didn't he play for Columbia when he was crocked?

Colombia. But he played for us injured as well.

Personally, I don't think he's the type of player who would profit from playing for Potter. He seems better suited to a more rigid formation and being fed the ball in the areas he wants to receive it in. He's clearly not a wing back so he'd be behind March on flexibility only. He's a dangerous player on his day, but it's not been his day for a couple of years.

el punal

Play his pet pig instead. You know as soon as he trotters onto the pitch it will be a crackling atmosphere. I bet he’ll be bringing home the bacon once he’s had a swill of his energy drink. Graham Potter will be in clover at the thought of a possible trough-ee on the horizon and knowing that it’s been done in sty-le.

I’m frazzled and I apologise for being such a rind-up merchant. My hat, my coat and the abattoir await me. :flypig: :drink:

Play his pet pig instead. You know as soon as he trotters onto the pitch it will be a crackling atmosphere. I bet he’ll be bringing home the bacon once he’s had a swill of his energy drink. Graham Potter will be in clover at the thought of a possible trough-ee on the horizon and knowing that it’s been done in sty-le.

I’m frazzled and I apologise for being such a rind-up merchant. My hat, my coat and the abattoir await me. :flypig: :drink:

You're a bit of a swine.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Andy Naylor, in his article about Albion's 100 Premier League goals on Sunday, said:-

Izquierdo is on course to return in March from a second knee cartilage operation which has kept him out since last April.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As was Bong presumably ? Must be a space there if needed ?

The clubs re-submit their squad at the start of February after the January transfer window has closed. The Premier League published these on Thursday. Obviously Bong wasn't in Albion's as he had been transferred to Nottm Forest.

Clubs can name UP TO 25 players in the squad. You don't have to, and often clubs don't. Albion have named 24.

I'm not sure what the rules are about adding a player to the squad - I think it has been done in the past but I'm not sure if it is still allowed. Regardless, I have absolutely no reason to think Albion are contemplating bringing anyone else in to use up the 25th spot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Gammon! :flypig:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
The forgotten man. No offense to him but what a waste of wages so far. Didn't he play for Colombia (edit) when he was crocked?

He’s already more than repaid the fee we paid for him. Without him and several important goals/assists, it’s unlikely we would have stayed up that first season. That earned us circa £200m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here