Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Just put your laces......................... ..........

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
through it. Just watched the game on BT as was out Saturday night thank goodness, when Skillotto falls over in first half and everyone is shouting for a pen, the ball trickles back to March he takes a touch to his left and then passes it inside, JUST ******* HIT MARCH YOU ****. Does my head in when players do that.Would hope Potter sits down with the players and shows them the VT. Still think we will get 36 points and survive by goal difference, rant over.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
through it. Just watched the game on BT as was out Saturday night thank goodness, when Skillotto falls over in first half and everyone is shouting for a pen, the ball trickles back to March he takes a touch to his left and then passes it inside, JUST ******* HIT MARCH YOU ****. Does my head in when players do that.Would hope Potter sits down with the players and shows them the VT. Still think we will get 36 points and survive by goal difference, rant over.

Love that :lol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This one isn't just March, nor is it indeed just Brighton. The modern trend in football seems to be to avoid shooting until it's at least a 9/10 chance of scoring. You watch most PL games and teams get to about 25 yards from the opposition goal and start passing it around looking for openings. I blame Guardiola.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It wasn't really that much of a chance for a direct shot...

Annotation 2020-02-10 134632.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Which is exactly what Ali J did when he came on. Showed a bit of aggression, confidence and directness we had been sorely lacking until then. His introduction seemed to put a rocket up Trossard as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nah boot it along the ground and anything could have happened.

View attachment 120049

Was going to say - with very limited option his best chance of something decent happening is to absolutely DRILL it along the line you've drawn. Could so easily go in, win a corner, or land at Muzza's feet.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Was going to say - with very limited option his best chance of something decent happening is to absolutely DRILL it along the line you've drawn. Could so easily go in, win a corner, or land at Muzza's feet.

Yep, just put it in the most dangerous area of the pitch and at least create panic and indecision. Ali J's ball for the own goal was probably put into the exact spot that the all defences fear most.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ali J excels at low crosses into the box, most of the other forwards hump it into the air or over the bar. I just wish GP would give him a few full games on the bounce. Like Schelotto he looks like he actually wants to make something happen. We do way to much faffing about around and in the box

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This one isn't just March, nor is it indeed just Brighton. The modern trend in football seems to be to avoid shooting until it's at least a 9/10 chance of scoring. You watch most PL games and teams get to about 25 yards from the opposition goal and start passing it around looking for openings. I blame Guardiola.

The analysts have killed it - something like a 1 in 30 chance of scoring from a shot outside the box so 'don't bother' is the message that gets delivered....................

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ali J excels at low crosses into the box, most of the other forwards hump it into the air or over the bar. I just wish GP would give him a few full games

I noticed in a random Bournemouth game I watched last season and it seemed that they would never cross the ball in from the wings, they would always drill it along the ground into the danger area at every opportunity.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I noticed in a random Bournemouth game I watched last season and it seemed that they would never cross the ball in from the wings, they would always drill it along the ground into the danger area at every opportunity.

You mean the Bournemouth that are below us in the table, having scored 5 fewer goals than us this season...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here