Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's your favoured Albion Shirt Style?

What's your favoured Albion shirt style?

• Stripes

Votes: 68 75.6%
  • Blue with white sleeves

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • All white

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • All blue

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
What's your favoured Albion shirt style? In my lifetime they have had four basic styles:

Traditional stripes: (used most years with variations of thickness)

brighton___hove_albion_1973-1974_march.gif

Blue with white sleeves (used for most of the 60s)

brighton___hove_albion_1969-1970-2 (1).gif

All white (used for two seasons in the 70s)

brighton___hove_albion_1974-1975-m.gif

All blue (used for most of the 80s)

brighton___hove_albion_1980-1983.gif

What style shirt were they wearing when you first started supporting them and is this how you identify with them?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Stripes. I like option 2, my first kit as a kid was the all white.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This kit. Always recall the white piping on the shorts, Eddie Spearritt's flowing locks and Barry Bridges sprinting past.

Sweet pipe tobacco smoke, peanut seller, metal half-time score plates etc etc.

Happy days.

ee992c73d0ed1eac70821eb52f8a6392--brighton-s.jpg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Stripes. I like option 2, my first kit as a kid was the all white.

Are you sure you're not trying to retrospectively pass off your Leeds replica kit as an Albion kit? Did Brighton do replica kits in those days?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Started watching in 68

Blue with white sleeves.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like the stripes, but I do get tired with the lack of variety in our home kits (here's looking at you, nike).

I would be quite happy with the 'Arsenal' style or a re-hash of the 80's all-blue for a season or two.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've always been a stripes man myself. That was the kit they were wearing when I first started supporting them. I did inherit a rosette which I think was from the previous season which featured a plaster player in relief painted in the blue with white sleeves shirt.

It wasn't long before I set about repainting it in the stripes using my airfix paints.

I couldn't find a brighton one but it appeared that Stoke were using the same rosette manufacturers as theirs featured exactly the same central plaster figure in identical pose...

images (1).jpeg

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Are you sure you're not trying to retrospectively pass off your Leeds replica kit as an Albion kit? Did Brighton do replica kits in those days?

I was very young, I remember receiving the kit and boots and being extremely excited but I seem to remember asking where the badge was and think it might have just been a plain white t-shirt. Really not sure as the oldest I would have been is 5.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Bukta kit will always be my absolute favourite. Classic, simple, unfussy and a unique fabric akin to chainmail that could shred nipples to a blooded stump before the warm up had even finished.

After that I’ve always has a soft spot for the silky allure of British Caledonian kit. After the austerity of the no nonsense Bukta kit, that all blue temptress was a little slut of a strip :blush:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I like the stripes, but I do get tired with the lack of variety in our home kits (here's looking at you, nike).

Perhaps you would like a pinstripe. I was particularly intrigued by this style as it was only used for very short periods during two seasons but never over a whole season. Once in 1958 between August and September and again in 1962
between August and December.

brighton___hove_albion_1962-aug-dec.gif

Here is a link to all our shirts over the years:
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion.htm

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Anyone remember when Albion started producing replica shirts for boys? I seem to recall the adult one began appearing in the mid-to-late-80s but I’m sure they did child versions well before that. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did them in the all-white strip era of the 70s.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just wonder if PB is thinking of ways to have a bumper number of replica shirts sold in the summer. Maybe a 50th anniversary edition of the blue with white sleeves, :thumbsup:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The stripes is my preferred option but they have to be symmetrical and centralised. This wasn't always the case.

I don't know which couturiers we we were using in the early 70s but they seemed to have a problem centrally aligning the stripes which always jarred with my OCD/sartorial sensibilities...

611ca9e01f773eae9f51959498e9ec8d.jpg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here