Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly does it again

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
20 minute decent cameo, followed by 90 minutes of gash. Murray throwing his arms up in despair at him on Saturday brought back some not very good memories from last season. One of the most frustrating players in the squad.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sadly I have to agree with you.

He obviously has the ability but just doesn’t believe in himself.

That said I think he was a victim of circumstance to some degree in Saturday ..... we were slow and ponderous with the ball which didn’t really allow him to have the effect he did against WH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only this could have been predicted 9 days ago..

Oh wait:-

I really don't want to be all Spencey chaps but...

... we have been here before, we've been here so many times we don't even have to ask for the usual, eye contact will suffice.

Perhaps if we took it down a level or two.
While Solly does much the same (hear me out)

We might just get to see a consistently good player, instead of celebrating an excellent footballer only to then, 90 minutes later, audibly groan/moan/tut/berate a wee-wee poor one.

It's the hope that kills you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most frustrating player in the squad for me, he has the talent, defends well but as an out and out winger he has me with my head in my hands more often than not. He seems to be much better as a sub rather than a starter.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Christ, here we go again. I thought he was great. As for you, Stat, I never had you down as a Spence type.

Another depressing Monday morning blamefest.

NSC will eat itself.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I thought he played well and showed real desire. The only thing that had me screaming (for a policeman) was that he didn't hammer that chance first time when Schelotto wen't down in their box. Take 3 touches then square it to the wrong player.

I think, sadly, Solly is one of a number of players who can't hit the consistent levels needed to be really successful at this level.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Most frustrating player in the squad for me, he has the talent, defends well but as an out and out winger he has me with my head in my hands more often than not. He seems to be much better as a sub rather than a starter.

Play him away from home, with Burn, when we would be happy with a point, At home, going for 3 points, he needs the overlapping Bernardo. Talented but not sure he is mentally tough enough for Premier League.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought he looked one of our better players, most likely to make something happen.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

But didn’t. As per usual.

Another piece of deadwood in the squad. Not good enough for this league.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We really do have a team of impact subs.

We should just chuck everyone on the bench and bring on 11 players after the first stop in play.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
20 minute decent cameo, followed by 90 minutes of gash. Murray throwing his arms up in despair at him on Saturday brought back some not very good memories from last season. One of the most frustrating players in the squad.

Not sure why he kept playing when everybody else had finished. 110 minutes!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought he played pretty well, and as per usual he was also very effective in nullifying the opposition threat down his wing.

A far more effective and driven performance than Mooy, Trossard and Gross.

Why’s Solly the Monday morning punchbag?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Consistency comes at a price we can't afford.

You wouldn't complain if your cheap runabout doesnt perform like a brand new Mercedes.

Solly is just a pimped up Corsa, not an expensive German import.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Harsh, thought he was ok and one of our better players (admittedly not that that says a lot) and like Alzate has been, was moved around positions mid game which is never easy and he coped well.

Murray visibly showing his annoyance with him twice really pissed me off. It’s not like his own performance justified that response.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have learned nothing from reading this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here