Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hey Doomsayers

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Been reading so much pessimistic tripe the last few weeks. The way people are carrying on you would think all the teams around us keep on winning. Have a look at the frigging table, we are 4 points behind Arsenal in 10th place. Who knows which teams are going to stay up this season. Non of the 10 teams are safe, even frigging Arsenal could get a relegation scare. Yes we need to find some better form, yes we salvaged a draw from an own goal, but we had a draw last week because of our own own goals so that balances out. We are not shite, we just need to have the fans behind the team and Potter to plug his ears to the naysayers and go back the the style that had us 8th at the start of November. If we go down we do so in one of the tightest seasons in years, not because we are shite.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Tbh we have been pretty shite. Yesterday Watford were worse but we still couldn't beat them.

It's a tough watch when you sit there and watch one of ours fail to pass to a team mate and the oppo runs half the pitch without even being tackled and finishes like he plays for Barca.

Saying that, I never boo the team, always sing and get behind the team. I use NSC to vent any frustrations and leaves me ready to go again for the next game to see if we can pull off a result.

I think the majority of NSC posts are measured and fair, sure there's a Spence or 2 hanging around, but the majority of us on here are 101% behind GPott and the team (apart from the Palarse trolls of course).

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Tbh we have been pretty shite. Yesterday Watford were worse but we still couldn't beat them.

It's a tough watch when you sit there and watch one of ours fail to pass to a team mate and the oppo runs half the pitch without even being tackled and finishes like he plays for Barca.

Saying that, I never boo the team, always sing and get behind the team. I use NSC to vent any frustrations and leaves me ready to go again for the next game to see if we can pull off a result.

I think the majority of NSC posts are measured and fair, sure there's a Spence or 2 hanging around, but the majority of us on here are 101% behind GPott and the team (apart from the Palarse trolls of course).

I could have written the exact same post. My thoughts and feelings entirely

el punal

The problem here is many see this as a repeat of the start of 2019. Then, we drew 2-2 with West Ham after being 2-0 up. We then played Fulham, we’re also 2-0 up and fell apart to lose 4-2. The same corresponding circumstances again for 2020 - comfortably ahead against Villa but ending up with a draw, an awful defeat at Bournemouth after we dominated the first half hour. A must not lose game verses Watford and getting away with a fortuitous draw.

If you can draw any positives from the 2019 and 2020 comparisons it is that we came away with a morale boosting draw at West Ham last week. In some respects that should have been the catalyst to perform so much better against Watford.

Personally I prefer Potter’s style of football to Hughton’s. The problem is the unforced errors that seem to be plaguing us with dire consequences - Mooy’s misplaced pass leading to Watford’s goal as an example. Cut those out and be more decisive in front of goal and we should be alright.

My optimism increases further knowing that we have got better players than last season to deal with the challenge, we also have Mac Allister and Lamptey to enter the scene. I just hope my optimism is not misplaced.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not because we are shite ok mr ashworth whatever . Three teams get relegated for a reason that being cause they are shite . And we r .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Two wins soon-ish would make 99% of very happy/relieved. Results are (almost) everything.

Very keen that Potter gets another PL transfer window, to get the players he needs to truly reap the benefits of his brave approach.

Relegation would be many steps backwards, a huge financial kick in the teeth for TB. Clubs rarely these days bounce straight back up.

el punal

Not because we are shite ok mr ashworth whatever . Three teams get relegated for a reason that being cause they are shite . And we r .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a strange post. I have tried to decipher it and I believe that you are describing the following :

1. We are not shite, alright we might be.

2. The reference to Mr. Ashworth is because he believes that we are not shite, but you doubt his sincerity?

3. Three teams get relegated for a reason, and that reason is because they are shite.

4. “And we r” - not sure about this, was there a break in transmission or had you reverted to morse code?

Right, I hope that’s sorted it, please correct me if my understanding of it was shite. :drink:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Fed up with all the negative bollocks.
We’re Brighton, we should be used to ups and downs? (Well, those of us that have been around longer than 5 minutes).
Not much goes to plan!
It matters not a gnats testicle to me, win or lose.....I’m on the booze. It’s football, we love it, we’re bloody BRIGHTON.
It’s what we do.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Fed up with all the negative bollocks.
We’re Brighton, we should be used to ups and downs? (Well, those of us that have been around longer than 5 minutes).
Not much goes to plan!
It matters not a gnats testicle to me, win or lose.....I’m on the booze. It’s football, we love it, we’re bloody BRIGHTON.
It’s what we do.

Not just a happy clapper, but a pissed happy clapper!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The problem is the unforced errors that seem to be plaguing us with dire consequences - Mooy’s misplaced pass leading to Watford’s goal as an example. Cut those out and be more decisive in front of goal and we should be alright.

The problem is - THATS the Premier League. Mistakes get punished, because even junk like Watford have quality players who can hurt you.

I'd like to be positive, but unfortunately I think we're a bit of a soft touch. We're not ruthless enough. This team can play some nice stuff in spells, but for me, it has the stench of relegation all over it.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
And I think this describes the problem well. People are beginning to equate the wages and transfer prices with a need for perfection. Shit goes wrong. At this level the slightest mistake is punished, so we get all down and doomsday when mistakes are made. But there are only a few players that only rarely f**kup. As to those saying if you get relegated it's because you were shite, what a load of bollocks. Relegation just means you are no longer good enough to be in the top 20 teams in England, which hardly equates to being shite.
In all the games I went to in the lower leagues I never once heard the crowd booing. How frigging pathetic to boo your side when they are down.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And I think this describes the problem well. People are beginning to equate the wages and transfer prices with a need for perfection. Shit goes wrong. At this level the slightest mistake is punished, so we get all down and doomsday when mistakes are made. But there are only a few players that only rarely f**kup. As to those saying if you get relegated it's because you were shite, what a load of bollocks. Relegation just means you are no longer good enough to be in the top 20 teams in England, which hardly equates to being shite.
In all the games I went to in the lower leagues I never once heard the crowd booing. How frigging pathetic to boo your side when they are down.

This.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Other teams make mistakes and we almost punish them think that is a big factor.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The biggest difference for me this season is that I still look forward to games on tv or live, this time last season I was beginning to feel that I didn’t want to watch as I knew what was coming tactics wise, and it was depressing. Points wise nothing in it, entertainment much better if often very frustrating. Yes, we could very easily be going down but so far so good, we have done just enough.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The football is so much better to watch this season, at times it was painful last season watching Hughton. We’re 3 points above the drop and 4 from 10th place, a win would have been glorious Saturday but it was still a good day on the slosh [emoji1303][emoji482]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
n all the games I went to in the lower leagues I never once heard the crowd booing. How frigging pathetic to boo your side when they are down.

Yes I totally agree with your sentiments about booing your own side at half time, however I must disagree you clearly were not at Gresty Road in 95 when we were 4-0 after 20 minutes, half the Albion away section booed and screamed at the squad and tried to leave the ground to find a pub, but the stewards made us wait until half time before they let us leave. We have booed our team many times before, and in the lower leagues, come on.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I genuinely wonder what goes through Tony Blooms mind, when he sees all this negative crap here on NSC.
After all, he's the landlord and we are the sitting (sometime standing) tenants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here