Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Greatest Night of the Year

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who else is joining me in an all mightier for the greatest night of the year, the 92nd Academy Awards. Love all the pomp and ceremony, finding out who everyone is wearing, and then cheering on the Brits to bring back some awards and I’m sure some outstanding and emotional acceptance speeches (hopefully the winners continue to raise awareness of me too, anti trump, anti gammon and climate change).

el punal

Something that puzzles me regarding these swanky, showbiz award ceremonies is the term “seat filler”. At first I thought it referred to a rather unfortunate bowel movement incident, or secondly, some entertainment business expression for a sexual act involving bottoms. ???

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
crodo's threads.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Utterly no interest in this overhyped backslapping orgy.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Awards type do's in any industry are only any good if you're invited, all expenses paid and it's a top nosh/free booze affair. No one in their right mind (assuming they have one) would voluntarily go to watch people talk bollocks whilst ******* themselves blind to a captive audience.

Actors are probably better At it than sport or music people though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Who else is joining me in an all mightier for the greatest night of the year, the 92nd Academy Awards. Love all the pomp and ceremony, finding out who everyone is wearing, and then cheering on the Brits to bring back some awards and I’m sure some outstanding and emotional acceptance speeches (hopefully the winners continue to raise awareness of me too, anti trump, anti gammon and climate change).

I hear the atmosphere in The Ship is electric, and Dave is offering gingerbread people bar snacks as each winner is announced.

Attachments

• 4319850530_4b7772c7ba_o.jpg
    4319850530_4b7772c7ba_o.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 268

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I know. It's the replies . . . .I just shake my head and realise that all that stuff in the 60s about UFOs, and in the 70s and 80s about corn circles are just another reflection of how conditioned we all are, and how easily we wander into a confirmation bias scenarios.

Mind you, you'd think by now that people would realise [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] isn't the sort of chap to watch all this guff. Ten minutes' research and he has his storyboard, and then he lights the blue touchpaper, does up one button of his velvet jacket, sits back in his padded leather seat, murmers 'Alexa, let's have some Throbbing Gristle, Hamburger Lady would be nice', lights up a massive spliff, and allows his mind to turn to finer things. But no, time after time the urge to respond indignantly just overwhelms people.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Reckon Wilf is in with a strong chance this year of picking up the well deserved award

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Reckon Wilf is in with a strong chance this year of picking up the well deserved award

He's still upset he didn't win the Fallon D'floOr.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've gone large on Cats.

Reckon the Academy will surprise a few predictions by shovelling a hatful of awards the way of this furry-whiskered musical gem.

Beyond that, will be eagerly staying up for the Best Costume Design award, expected to be announced around 3:40am, and indulging in a drinks-bingo game based around how many winners' speeches involve virtue-signalling issues-based preaching.

Couple of hours kip afterwards, then up early doors to check the Daily Mail's 'Best and Worst Dressed' articles for a good dose of 1970's sexual stereotyping.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I know. It's the replies . . . .I just shake my head and realise that all that stuff in the 60s about UFOs, and in the 70s and 80s about corn circles are just another reflection of how conditioned we all are, and how easily we wander into a confirmation bias scenarios.

Mind you, you'd think by now that people would realise [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] isn't the sort of chap to watch all this guff. Ten minutes' research and he has his storyboard, and then he lights the blue touchpaper, does up one button of his velvet jacket, sits back in his padded leather seat, murmers 'Alexa, let's have some Throbbing Gristle, Hamburger Lady would be nice', lights up a massive spliff, and allows his mind to turn to finer things. But no, time after time the urge to respond indignantly just overwhelms people.

:lolol: :clap: :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've gone large on Cats.

Reckon the Academy will surprise a few predictions by shovelling a hatful of award the way of this furry-whiskered musical gem.

Beyond that, will be eagerly staying up for the Best Costume Design award, expected to be announced around 3:40am, and indulging in a drinks-bingo game based around how many winners' speeches involve virtue-signalling issues-based preaching.

Couple of hours kip afterwards, then up early doors to check the Daily Mail's 'Best and Worst Dressed' articles for a good dose of 1970's sexual stereotyping.

I've got a good feline regarding Cats.

Mall of the Emirates are opening up the cinema at 5am before work for the extravaganza.

See you there! :clap:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Greatest night happened on Jan 31st

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Greatest night happened on Jan 31st
I'm disappointed that you haven't seized the opportunity to post more shit about your opinion of Potter here. It would have topped a wonderful thread of nicely.

Up your game Spence, I expect better of you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The awards are pretty much stonewall. Best Actor, Phoenix - Joker, Best Actress, Zellweger - Judy, Best supporting actor, Pitt - Once upon a time in Hollywood, Best supporting actress, Dern - Marriage Story, Best director, Mendes - 1917. I however predict Parasite will win best film and not 1917

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here