Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Would our game have gone ahead ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit of wind and rain. Absolutey PATHETIC imo that Man City v West Ham was binned off today. If Sheffield can put a game on then why can't Manchester ? If I'd travelled up there for the game and had it cancelled for this, then I would've been absolutely FUMIN, hun.

Likewise down here. Its only a bit of WIND ffs.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The dog still got a walk this morning and again in a minute, he doesn't give a flying Farquhar about wind and rain

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wind would have caused severe disruption to our pitch-watering system that gives us that (legal) competitive advantage

I think the club should be asking for a refund, it clearly doesn’t work :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit of wind and rain. Absolutey PATHETIC imo that Man City v West Ham was binned off today. If Sheffield can put a game on then why can't Manchester ? If I'd travelled up there for the game and had it cancelled for this, then I would've been absolutely FUMIN, hun.

Agree.

Not one tree blown down here in Faversham. Garden fence says 'hi'. Even the cat went out earlier and was reluctant to come back inside, intent was he on drinking rainwater from whatever disgusting receptacle he could find, the little wizzard. And he is basically a house cat. :shrug:

Still, on the bright side, Wet Sham travelled for this game and will doubless feel trebly agrieved (all that game-conditioning for nothing, a lost bonus day off, and the prospect of another trip later on for a Tuesday night defenestration). Also, having to travel back with Moysie, his face like a smacked arse, and Nevin Kolan telling endless tedious stories about his time as a Wet Sham player, that will be one to tell the grand kids about in years to come. Happy Hammers :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The dog still got a walk this morning and again in a minute, he doesn't give a flying Farquhar about wind and rain

image.jpeg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Happier to take a point yesterday than have a game against Man City at their place still to catch up. Add in Palace and Bournemouth losing and we didn't come out so badly after all.

el punal

Agree.

Not one tree blown down here in Faversham. Garden fence says 'hi'. Even the cat went out earlier and was reluctant to come back inside, intent was he on drinking rainwater from whatever disgusting receptacle he could find, the little wizzard. And he is basically a house cat. :shrug:

Still, on the bright side, Wet Sham travelled for this game and will doubless feel trebly agrieved (all that game-conditioning for nothing, a lost bonus day off, and the prospect of another trip later on for a Tuesday night defenestration). Also, having to travel back with Moysie, his face like a smacked arse, and Nevin Kolan telling endless tedious stories about his time as a Wet Sham player, that will be one to tell the grand kids about in years to come. Happy Hammers :lolol:

Every now and then there is an absolute corker of vitriolic, sarcastic bile posted on here. This is one of them and it warms me cockles. :bowdown:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

This! The Sheffield fans must be thinking what a lot of soft southern shandy drinkers! I suppose they couldn't expect the new man city plastics to make it out in a little wind

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It just hit Brighton like a tonne of bricks!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The Amex stadium is in an awful location when the wind kicks up. We played a few games between Oct/Nov this season when the weather was ripping down banners/signage and such, I dread to think what has happened there today.

Man City wouldn't cancel it lightly so I can only assume they were concerned about spectator safety

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It just hit Brighton like a tonne of bricks!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Aside the hard clatter of sideways big rain on old Crittal windows, my man cave roof was creaking quite vocally in the wind.

A tad breezy you might say.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Agreed, we spent the afternoon today in a North London pub. No issues at all. Soft, shandy drinking Northerners.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Man City wouldn't cancel it lightly so I can only assume they were concerned about spectator safety

They would not have made the decision alone. Its not just about what happens on the pitch. Trains running at genuine snail pace, Met office warnings, trees down, rivers bursting their banks, Euston closing, a lorry over on the M1. I imagine the emergency services in the NW were quite pleased to have crossed this off.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've not checked, but I assume the early call was made to save many Hammers fans from travelling (although a few will gone up yesterday to make a weekend of it), and based on forecasts for the afternoon.

I know someone based just North of Manchester and the conditions there have been horrific today - cars abandoned in deep floodwater and many houses completely flooded too.

(Made me feel guilty for suggesting that all we'd had down here is a winter's day - a bit of wind and an hour or two of rain.)

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield

The weather conditions today were described as the worst for seven years for the North of the country so it was very risky to cram 60,000 into a ground for safety reasons and the ground conditions
would not have permitted a decent game, it was the only decision to cancel the game.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here