Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chicago Gulls

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Any members on here?

chicago gulls.jpg

My eldest has just relocated to Chicago and joined up with, are any members on here?

Were popping over there at the weekend so any good pointers for first time tourists to do and see?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Bean

Stunning piece of City Open Air art

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you're in the Loop, take a DIVVY bike north up the cycle lane next to Lake Michigan to the free zoo. Its absolutely brilliant. They invite voluntary contributions, and we bunged them $20, but that was cheap at half the price.

Navy Pier is splendid as well. And there's a great little jazz club called Andy's just outside the Loop. I bloody love Chicago.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's one of the world's great cities. Just enjoy it.

The Billy Goat Tavern, the El, Wrigleyville, the architecture, the food ...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If you can't get up the Sears Tower (queueing times can be ridiculous) try the John Hancock Observation Deck - just as impressive views.

Wander past Cloud Gate (designed by a Brit) and dress for the cold

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The Chicago Institute of Art is a great museum, definitely worth seeing.

Also, Lake Michigan is always pretty no matter what time of year you’re in Chicago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Chicago Institute of Art is a great museum, definitely worth seeing.

Also, Lake Michigan is always pretty no matter what time of year you’re in Chicago.

I would echo that, it really is a magnificent art museum. The aquarium is very good as well with the bonus of seeing Soldier Field stadium as well.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
****grey pube alert ****

ChicagoSeagulls

Jul 18, 2018
Chicago, USA
Any members on here?

View attachment 120013

My eldest has just relocated to Chicago and joined up with, are any members on here?

Were popping over there at the weekend so any good pointers for first time tourists to do and see?

Hey, I met your son last weekend for the Watford match, gave him the stickers!

He mentioned the fam was coming over this coming weekend. Sounds like he's already learning his way around the city, he had some pretty good things planned. He even moved into the neighborhood just south of me, about 4 blocks away. I'll be out of town this weekend, or definitely would have met up for a drink.

Good suggestions on here as well. It is going to be pretty cold, so some of the biking/outdoor activities you might want to pass on. The Bean is still great idea though, Millennium Park is active all year round.

I would also second the Hancock visit, instead of Sears. You pay an entrance fee for both observation decks, but Hancock has a bar at the 95th floor as well. So skip the fee, go the Signature Lounge, and pay just slightly higher than avg drink prices, but the views at night are amazing.

Might be a bit late for tickets now, and not sure if interested, but the NBA All-Star game is going on in Chicago this weekend. The Auto show too, but that's pretty generic.

Stay warm, and enjoy Chicago!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Didn’t realise Torquay had a supporters club in Chicago. Maybe, we, the SEAgulls could set one up too ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here