Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again is getting its annual airing. Another loss yesterday.

If Millwall can get a win against WBA today then there are only 6 points separating the top 7 clubs in the Championship. Exciting stuff.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
To be clear, this is a thread about the championship, Leeds annual winter decline and how exciting it it is.

Let’s keep it Brighton clean!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on Forest and Fulham

Would I be heartbroken to be back in the Championship? Nope but our leader would feel very differently.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
^ 100%, Forest and Fulham to take the automatic slots, Leeds to drop through and out the other side of the playoff places while watching ‘little old Brentford’ taking the third promotion place that was theirs (Leeds) by birthright. Bloody marvellous.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again is getting its annual airing. Another loss yesterday.

If Millwall can get a win against WBA today then there are only 6 points separating the top 7 clubs in the Championship. Exciting stuff.

I feel guilty that I don't give the championship more attention, but the stress of having to watch all the games that effect us is enough for me.

Does look to be a cracking league though, and loved it when we were in it :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I’ll worry about the Championship next year ...............when we are in it!

The problem with the PL is that you can lose sight of anything else. Until we got promoted to the top table I imagine the fans of most top six PL sides thought we played in the Isthmian Premier League or League One in Scotland.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The problem with the PL is that you can lose sight of anything else.
Many do, but there are plenty of us that enjoy watching Championship games, and the Leeds collapse has become a new yearly festival.

Until we got promoted to the top table I imagine the fans of most top six PL sides thought we played in the Isthmian Premier League or League One in Scotland.
The 'fans' of the top 6 have never heard of the Isthmian League.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The problem with the PL is that you can lose sight of anything else. Until we got promoted to the top table I imagine the fans of most top six PL sides thought we played in the Isthmian Premier League or League One in Scotland.

Nah, I’ve always and religiously been interested in all leagues inc the conference, checking the attendances and the like. PL was often the last I checked not least because some weeks there’s hardly a game on Saturday. Like yesterday!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Leeds are looking for permission from the EFL/FA to change the club name from the start of next season to 'Chokers Leeds United'

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Nah, I’ve always and religiously been interested in all leagues inc the conference, checking the attendances and the like. PL was often the last I checked not least because some weeks there’s hardly a game on Saturday. Like yesterday!

You might have, but you only have to talk to your average Arsenal fan (never been out of the top flight) and their lack of interest or knowledge of teams outside of the top half of the PL, let alone outside of the PL, is quite something. Massive generalisation I appreciate, but certainly my experience.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You might have, but you only have to talk to your average Arsenal fan (never been out of the top flight) and their lack of interest or knowledge of teams outside of the top half of the PL, let alone outside of the PL, is quite something. Massive generalisation I appreciate, but certainly my experience.

You’re probably right. But then I’ve NEVER spoken to an Arsenal fan, only supporters and quite a few have come with me to away games and Withdean etc. Absolutely loved it and wished their clubs still had as much passion and fun in the PL...and that was when they were finishing 4th and winning things! The game has sadly died from a supporters perspective. The buzz has gone, replaced by selfie addicts from Asia etc and dopey parents with their placard waving spawn begging for ‘x’ player’s shirt (buy one you tit, it’ll fit you for starters!)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Last year one of my colleagues, granted not a football fan, was very surprised to hear we were in the Premier League, having been under the impression that we were in the same division as Maidstone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Same here. I love our league and non-league structure, fantastic crowds all the way down the pyramid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here