Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sodexo pricing

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Over the past few seasons I've tried to work out the prices at the East Upper kiosk. For the moment I'll stick with this season. I arrive around one hour before KO so this may effect whether I get an 'early bird' deal but as there aren't any advertised I don't think they exist anymore.
Here are my prices so far. Game one, pie, pint crisps - £10.30. I asked about the meal deal and pies are no longer included.
Next few games I had a burger, pint and crisps and prices varied between £10 (correct price) and £10.30
FA Cup game in EL I took Daughter and purchased two meal deals, one was with pint and one with Coke. £18? no £20 and when I questioned it I was told it was correct. Big signs stating £18 but never mind.
Back upstairs and fed up with burger I had a pie and blow me it was £10. Must be back on the meal deal but next game it was £10.30 again.
Watford I had the Burger meal deal. Big multi screen advert clearly states £10 but I was charged £11. Why? I questioned it and was told that was correct but when I called for a supervisor she agreed I was overcharged and gave me a refund.
To sum up, this season alone I reckon I've been over charged by £8 to £10, a small sum but multiply that by the amount of customers and suddenly you get £50,000.
So does anyone know the exact prices?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Depends how much you want the beer/pie/burger, but if it was me I would first point out the correct price, and if they didn't quickly apologise for their error and charge me the correct price I would tell them to stick it and leave it on the counter and walk away. If enough people start doing that, they'll soon get the message.

Plus I think you should e-mail your post to PB..

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Over the past few seasons I've tried to work out the prices at the East Upper kiosk. For the moment I'll stick with this season. I arrive around one hour before KO so this may effect whether I get an 'early bird' deal but as there aren't any advertised I don't think they exist anymore.
Here are my prices so far. Game one, pie, pint crisps - £10.30. I asked about the meal deal and pies are no longer included.
Next few games I had a burger, pint and crisps and prices varied between £10 (correct price) and £10.30
FA Cup game in EL I took Daughter and purchased two meal deals, one was with pint and one with Coke. £18? no £20 and when I questioned it I was told it was correct. Big signs stating £18 but never mind.
Back upstairs and fed up with burger I had a pie and blow me it was £10. Must be back on the meal deal but next game it was £10.30 again.
Watford I had the Burger meal deal. Big multi screen advert clearly states £10 but I was charged £11. Why? I questioned it and was told that was correct but when I called for a supervisor she agreed I was overcharged and gave me a refund.
To sum up, this season alone I reckon I've been over charged by £8 to £10, a small sum but multiply that by the amount of customers and suddenly you get £50,000.

Prices are all up on the screen so should be easy to check at the time (or work out before you order ?). Never asked, but can you also get a receipt?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I very much doubt you have been overcharged but as others have said, get a receipt each time and compare it. Also, suggest contacting Sodexo and/or PB and they may clarify for you. In WSU, prices are shown on the screens above the concessions. Have to say, first I've heard that pies aren't included in the meal deal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its pretty much what happens in pubs with lots of customers and lots of different staff, the same round of four drinks can often vary depending on who is serving you, and TBH, its not worth trying to haggle over 50p if you can't be heard in a busy pub.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
definatly email the club otherwise they wont know. staff just punch in the items, the till them how much including deals. probably mis-entering the items, so Sodexo's invetory will be wrong. email them if possible too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just ask them for an itemised receipt shirley? Just because barely anybody does, doesn't mean the facility doesn't exist. Legal requirement, I'd have thought

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Definitely an email to barber and a key note for TB at the next fans forum
Seriously though, if they display a price, then they have to sell it at that surely? Has to be a trail, couple of quid here and there adds up to a lot very quickly like you said. Nice little earner at the end of a shift if tills are up. Not saying thats whats happening but sounds iffy...

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seriously though, if they display a price, then they have to sell it at that surely? Has to be a trail, couple of quid here and there adds up to a lot very quickly like you said. Nice little earner at the end of a shift if tills are up. Not saying thats whats happening but sounds iffy...

It’s almost certainly simple incompetence (or lack of training) on the part of the servers and wouldn’t be surprised if there are as many incidents of undercharging as overcharging (I’ve definitely been undercharged previously)..........

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea

You're making me feel hungry.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Surely the easiest way to do this would to ensure the software in the tills recognised bundled items and adjusted the price accordingly. Rather than relying on the poor staff trying to work out what’s on offer each game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely the easiest way to do this would to ensure the software in the tills recognised bundled items and adjusted the price accordingly. Rather than relying on the poor staff trying to work out what’s on offer each game.

Was just about to post saying surely the tills do all this and work out meal deals etc leaving the staff just to punch in what has been ordered. Seems bizarre to get charged different amounts if the correct items have bene entered.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The panelists will be too busy fielding Malcolms verrrrryyyy slowwwlllllyyy asking:

Are there plans to increase the capacity to 40,000, why doesn’t GP leave a pacey player up in the centre circle when we defend corners, and a look-at-me asking “are there any plans to set up a LGBTQIA league?”

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
Get a receipt? You're having a laugh!

Just ask them for an itemised receipt shirley? Just because barely anybody does, doesn't mean the facility doesn't exist. Legal requirement, I'd have thought

I've emailed club supporter services and been passed on to Sodexo in the past about not being able to get a receipt. Never been offered one and even when I ask for one (on many occasions) my server has managed to get me one only once (numerous excuses). Sodexo representative assured me they were updating their software/hardware back in Oct or Nov. Hasn't happened. It's thinking about the queue behind me that stops me taking it up at the counter.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

The electronic board has been switched off in Dick's Bar because the prices for some drinks are lower than the till prices.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
not as frigging annoying as the multiple, multiple, times they serve a well short pint.

they use pint to brim glasses which means there can be no more than 2-3 mm head, often have one presented a good 20mm or more. Then they hsve the audacity to tut when asked for a full pint.

Weights and measures would have a field day, and to be honest I cannot fathom how Sodexo get away with this. Very roughly every 8 pints they get one free!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here