Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has happened to Potter ball ???

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
West Ham and Watford in both first halves no difference to last season, where has our slick passing game gone, why has Porter stopped playing the way he believes in and presumably hired for?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
West Ham and Watford in both first halves no difference to last season, where has our slick passing game gone, why has Porter stopped playing the way he believes in and presumably hired for?

Why has he suddenly become the scapegoat?

gregory-porter-158939.jpg

scooter1

How soon is now?
Teams have worked how to defend against it, and now it’s up to GP to look at alternative ways to break them down. Poyets downfall was no plan B, let’s see what Potter can come up with. His substitutions have changed games recently, but IMHO the constant tinkering with the starting 11 is a problem

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We need to mix it up. Playing out from the back is fine, even great, but you need high quality personal to do it effectively on an ongoing basis. Unless you have the team sheet from ‘Maine Road or Anfield’ the opposition can set up to nullify our possession. Oh, and a decent proven quality striker.

Have I mentioned that before?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We need to mix it up. Playing out from the back is fine, even great, but you need high quality personal to do it effectively on an ongoing basis. Unless you have the team sheet from ‘Maine Road or Anfield’ the opposition can set up to nullify our possession. Oh, and a decent proven quality striker.

Have I mentioned that before?

It seemed like yesterday, and last week, we were prepared to mix it more. Several times it was hoicked clear. Having Murray up front make that more of an option I suppose.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Teams have worked how to defend against it, and now it’s up to GP to look at alternative ways to break them down. Poyets downfall was no plan B, let’s see what Potter can come up with. His substitutions have changed games recently, but IMHO the constant tinkering with the starting 11 is a problem

Easier said than done when he inherited A) the slowest team in the Premier League & B) a team that has nobody that can unlock a defence.

Makes us unbelievably easy to defend against.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A few things. Earlier in the season he had Andone (especially) and Locadia. Also has a very fired up Connolly who has since gone off the boil.

Our club have clearly lacked a striker since Andone was booted out. Something that a number of us here raised during the transfer window but were shot down by happy clappers who disagreed.

You can play as much Potterball as you like but if you don’t have clinical strikers it’s for nothing.

I still believe in GP and his way of playing, but still feel our squad is lacking in real quality.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Way too much tinkering. Keep changing the team, dropping players who have played well previous game not even in the match day squad, is not conducive to a coherent system.

Alzate must wonder what he has to do to get a run in the team, in his favoured position. Comes on in midfield, changes the mentality on the pitch straight away, then 5 minutes later gets put at right back.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Also I would add it’s quite shocking what’s happened to Mooy since he’s signed permanently. It’s like he’s gone home and given us his imposter twin brother.

That’s a big loss to GPs style as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem Potterball is completely ineffective against a team who has the soul intention of defending.

GPott v CHugh would be the worst game of football ever played (as yesterday all but proved)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s not all about Potter or being found out by other managers, it has a lot to do with players belief.

We know this lot have fragile belief from this time last season, and they’re showing again when the going gets tough their confidence and belief is found wanting.

You could see that yesterday, decision making on the ball, gifting them the ball for their goal, extra touches, not wanting it, making runs into the wrong areas, not getting the ball in.

The manager will be as furious as many of us I would think. Hughton experienced this last season and went even more conservative. Potter needs to find a way to unlock their belief and fast. This time last season we may have lost that, so we’ve still got something about us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It would seem Potterball is completely ineffective against a team who has the soul intention of defending.

GPott v CHugh would be the worst game of football ever played (as yesterday all but proved)

Yes.
But not only yesterday, fairly ineffective against Bournemouth who attacked. Plenty of shots, but from distance....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Give him time and Porter will carry it off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least I firmly believe lessons are being learned (although clearly not in the striker recruitment dept) and GPott can evolve.

There's no way the previous manager was ever going to change, the moment to chips were down.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
It’s not all about Potter or being found out by other managers, it has a lot to do with players belief.

We know this lot have fragile belief from this time last season, and they’re showing again when the going gets tough their confidence and belief is found wanting.

You could see that yesterday, decision making on the ball, gifting them the ball for their goal, extra touches, not wanting it, making runs into the wrong areas, not getting the ball in.

The manager will be as furious as many of us I would think. Hughton experienced this last season and went even more conservative. Potter needs to find a way to unlock their belief and fast. This time last season we may have lost that, so we’ve still got something about us.

100% and Mooy’s confidence is the most shot of the lot; a few weeks ago he’d be taking players on, now he seems to favour a sideways pass when faced with opposition players in his path. You can see more confidence in the subs, Alzate and Ali J yesterday, because they have a point to prove to Potter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People are blaming Duffy for the goal yesterday for not making a tackle but the real problem was Mooy losing the ball in midfield and as has been said his confidence must be rock bottom at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here