Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STHs - are you renewing?

Do you intend to renew your season ticket?

• Yes, yes I do

Votes: 245 93.2%
  • No, no i don't

Votes: 18 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's season ticket renewal season. March 11 is the cut off for lump sums, by when we'll have no clue as to what division we'll be in next season. So, are you intending to renew? Simple yes/no poll.

Me? I'm on DD and I'd keep it going for me and the boy if we were in League 2 so it's an absolute "yes". I wonder if any of the newcomers are having second thoughts though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yes, absolutely. Relegation will mean the squad is dismantled and we have to start again, but a new era in the championship could be exciting with young players used more. Plus what else am I going to do at the weekend? The Tuesday games coming back would be a negative for me personally travelling from Eastleigh, but hey ho.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If you only renew your season ticket when you think we will still be in the PL next season then with respect you are not a true fan.

A true fan surely supports a team whatever league they are in. If not go follow Man City or Liverpool if you only want to be associated with a global brand team .

Saying this I think we will just stay up, but it will be less than 2 points, either by a point or possibly even on goal difference. Can see 2 or 3 teams finishing on 38 points this season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are prisoners of our own desire

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Guess this poll needs further targeting to say "NEW STH - are you renewing?" as I'm sure NSC is not really the place for JCLs and daytrippers.

Whilst the idea of not renewing in some sort of protest did flash across my mind it was quickly dismissed and like the OP would be going even in League 2.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not renewing hasn’t crossed my mind. Would prefer us to stay up for Tony’s sake more than anything, but personally wouldn’t mind seeing how we do in the championship with a young, dynamic squad and Potterball, and an several additional matches, including evening games which I like.

I don’t think we’ll go down though.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If you only renew your season ticket when you think we will still be in the PL next season then with respect you are not a true fan.

A true fan surely supports a team whatever league they are in. If not go follow Man City or Liverpool if you only want to be associated with a global brand team .

Saying this I think we will just stay up, but it will be less than 2 points, either by a point or possibly even on goal difference. Can see 2 or 3 teams finishing on 38 points this season.

Agree entirely - but doesn't say much about the bulk of our fanbase supporting through thick and thin. Only a couple of thousand supported us in the dark days at Gillingham and even in the Theatre of Trees we could only manage about 8000 per week with very few games over our stint there ever actually selling out.

Seems we just have a huge proportion of 'fans' who only want to follow us in the Prem or because we have a swanky new ground. Same as most clubs.

If we do go down I just hope that most of the supporter base sticks with the club in order to help push back up to where we all want to be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd only not renew if it became too difficult to attend, and climb all those stairs to West Upper, owing to infirmity (this will happen eventually).

Incidentally, not wishing to derail, is it not the case that when your legs go a bit Connex South Central the option is give up your seat in West Upper and sit at ground level, or give up your seat in West Upper?

There is a lift but it isn't for public use. Could one not try to persuade the club that forcing a longstanding season ticket holder out of his/her seat in West Upper because 'there is no disabled access' is a bit discriminatory, especially when there is a perfectly functional lift available? Asking for a friend, obviously.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After 59 years and watching us lose 1-0 away at Halifax, this season is nothing to worry about.
Why wouldn’t I renew? The only way I wouldn’t renew was if I was skint.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Yes, definitely. If we were on the verge of relegation to League Two I’d be renewing.

It’s not like I ever expected Premier League football when I started all those years ago, so this has been a bonus.

The biggest negative for me with Championship football (which pessimistic me thinks we’ll be playing next season) is the Tuesday night games, which I’ll find nigh on impossible to attend. I’ve got used to seeing every home game.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd only not renew if it became too difficult to attend, and climb all those stairs to West Upper, owing to infirmity (this will happen eventually).

Incidentally, not wishing to derail, is it not the case that when your legs go a bit Connex South Central the option is give up your seat in West Upper and sit at ground level, or give up your seat in West Upper?

There is a lift but it isn't for public use. Could one not try to persuade the club that forcing a longstanding season ticket holder out of his/her seat in West Upper because 'there is no disabled access' is a bit discriminatory, especially when there is a perfectly functional lift available? Asking for a friend, obviously.

You can’t use the lift in an emergency evacuation, so no, the club won’t allow. Bite the bullet and move lower down, when it gets too much.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No. I gave us a more than generous 3 seasons to make it into Champions League places and we have FAILED. Barber OUT! Lloyd OUT! Sizen OUT! Schofield OUT!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree entirely - but doesn't say much about the bulk of our fanbase supporting through thick and thin. Only a couple of thousand supported us in the dark days at Gillingham and even in the Theatre of Trees we could only manage about 8000 per week with very few games over our stint there ever actually selling out.

Seems we just have a huge proportion of 'fans' who only want to follow us in the Prem or because we have a swanky new ground. Same as most clubs.

If we do go down I just hope that most of the supporter base sticks with the club in order to help push back up to where we all want to be.

Crowds would have been much higher at Withdean if the capacity had been higher and it had been easier to buy a ticket. We didn't have 8000 attending most of the time because the capacity was under 6000 when we started there, and it crept up only at the very end of our stay. It was always rammed when I was there.

As for our current support, we have been close to capacity since day 1.

Our problem is we have a much more middle class support than many clubs, no tradition of noisy support, no history of success, and no intimidating home end.

And before anyone starts invoking the halcyon days on The North Stand, it was rarely anything other than tinpot. I remember seing the North 'taken' by half a dozen Gillingham supporters in the early 70s. It may have seemed amazing to teenage boys right in the middle on a big match day agains Bournmouth or Reading but....that was the exception.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Yes, absolutely. Relegation will mean the squad is dismantled and we have to start again, but a new era in the championship could be exciting with young players used more. Plus what else am I going to do at the weekend? The Tuesday games coming back would be a negative for me personally travelling from Eastleigh, but hey ho.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My son and I were having an honest conversation about this if the worst was to happen and we did go down. There’s no question we’ll still be there following the team next season but a genuine question is how many of our current first team squad do people actually think will leave ?

In my opinion - Dunky will definitely go, but then I think he’ll leave this summer anyway even if we stay up as I think the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal are crying out for a player like him and will come in for him. Propper will probably go and I assume Mooy has the same release clause in his contract as he had at Huddersfield so could get snapped up, possibly by a promoted team, likewise with Maty Ryan. But other than that I’m not sure how many other players will be on the shopping list of other clubs so we could have a decent squad to get us back up. Ben White will fill the gap left by Dunky, while Burn, Bernardo, Maupay, Murray, Stephens, Alzate, Connolly and Lamptey will do well for us in that league and I’m not sure Bissouma, Trossard, Jahanbakhsh, and Gross have done enough to cause other clubs to be clambering to sign them.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The club absolutely shafted me last season when it came to my season ticket so they can get f*cked. Fully expect next season to be the first time in my life that I don’t make it to a single game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here