Mooy
Alzate
March
Duffy
Lamptey

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That would be my team but who do you drop from the bench for Macallister as surely he has to be on it as he has been playing regularly so will be match fit and just a matter of adjusting to our system.

On form Mooy or even Trossard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Trossard due to join our list of expensive flops as at the moment he doesn't look any improvement on March and dare I say it Knockaert?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is Trossard due to join our list of expensive flops as at the moment he doesn't look any improvement on March and dare I say it Knockaert?

Jury is definitely out.

What troubles me is the type of offensive player we have gone after, all 5’7” types, and consequently no physical presence up front or midfield.

IMO when you build a team, you need a strong spine and capable defence. On that basis alone we are struggling.

I know the counter argument will be Man City who are short in stature, but they are very big on ability - we are not.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Ryan wasn't at fault for yesterday's goal, but is there an argument for giving one of the other keepers a go if we continue conceding game after game? Team/defences confidence etc. I've got nothing against Ryan, as he comes across as a top bloke on and off the field.

On the subject of current Blackburn goalkeeper Walton, it will be interesting to see what we do with him this summer. Personally believe he's earnt his right to have a good crack in a starting role for the Albion. At worst be afforded the opportunity to challenge Matt Ryan for the jersey. We shall see.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
They are not as invincible at home as they are away.

Newcastle 0-2 (27% possession ) and Southampton 0-1 (52% possession) have both beaten them using very different tactics so there is more than one way to blunt a blade.

I think we should take the game to them with some pace. We need need to freshen up our defence and get them playing Potterball again.

Let’s shake the team up with two debuts and drop the likes of Groß, Troß & Mooy who were not great against Watford.

————————-Ryan———————
Lamptey—Webster—Dunk—Bernardo
———Stephens———Pröpper———-
-Jahanbakhsh—Mac Allister—Alzate-
———————-Maupay——————-

I’d play a very different team against Palace but I think this very youthful starting 11 could give Sheff Utd a lot to think about.

You really think he’ll start Alexis immediately?

I’d love it, but would be hugely surprised.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jury is definitely out.

What troubles me is the type of offensive player we have gone after, all 5’7” types, and consequently no physical presence up front or midfield.

IMO when you build a team, you need a strong spine and capable defence. On that basis alone we are struggling.

I know the counter argument will be Man City who are short in stature, but they are very big on ability - we are not.

Brian Clough and George Graham built successful teams on a spine of good solid GK, CB and CF but I will be told football has moved on. Yes it has but the principles are still the same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan wasn't at fault for yesterday's goal, but is there an argument for giving one of the other keepers a go if we continue conceding game after game? Team/defences confidence etc. I've got nothing against Ryan, as he comes across as a top bloke on and off the field.

Do you think that either Button or Steele are an improvement on Ryan which would be the basis for changing the keeper?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
. Ryan
. Webster Dunk Burn
Montoya Alzate Propper Bernardo
. Ali J Maupay March

Bench: Button, Duffy, Lamptey, Mooy, Mac Allister, Trossard, Murray - hmmm. Not sure what to do with Gross, Stephens and Connolly. This management stuff is tough.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You really think he’ll start Alexis immediately?

I’d love it, but would be hugely surprised.

Looking at the money we spent to break his contract for 12 games (about £50k per game) along with the fact he’ll have at least 10 days to train with the team, I would not be surprised at all.

He is in great form, let’s see how he does against Brazil tonight.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brian Clough and George Graham built successful teams on a spine of good solid GK, CB and CF but I will be told football has moved on. Yes it has but the principles are still the same.

It has, but of course they apply......

Liverpool - VVD, Henderson, Firmino
Leicester - Evans, Choudhury, Vardy
Wolves - Cody, moutinho, Jimenez

When you get lower down the quality lessens......

We have Dunk, ?Propper, nothing

That is why we are struggling and it comes down to recruitment. How are we improving year on year?

IMO we’re not.

Would our current team, beat our team from two years ago?

I reckon it would be close.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
349BBD9A-08C1-4438-BA75-087D869CB0D0.jpeg

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It is time for a settled side. For a start following to play next 12 games Ryan Dunk Bernardo Maupay or Lampty Propper Mooy Trossard Maupay

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Do you think that either Button or Steele are an improvement on Ryan which would be the basis for changing the keeper?

Graham Potter is paid a lot of money to make that judgement call. He sees them in training every week.

From Potter's perspective, he'll no doubt stick to what he knows in terms of continuing with Ryan.

If we end up dropping into the Championship come May(I hope not), then it's an area which our fans will rake over. Especially the lack of clean sheets.

Admittedly, Ryan is not the only person to answer for conceding on an almost game by game basis at present. Though sometimes changing the dynamic of a teams defence(not just the defenders), can have a positive knock-on effect.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll have two from the top, seven from the bottom and another two from the top please Rachel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here