Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Appalling Quality All Round - Dreadful

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's face it that was possibly the worst Premier League game ever in terms of quality.

Brighton players - hang your heads in shame.
Watford players - hang your heads in shame
Referee and utterly useless "can't make a decision" linos - hang your heads in shame

Potter, Ashworth, Barber, Bloom - ditto

£50 ish for a one off ticket for that? Barely League Two standard all round. A complete rip off. BT Sport must have been crying.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was very poor no doubt.
Not sure it surpassed Cardiff though, but it was close.

Zero quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Let's face it that was possibly the worst Premier League game ever in terms of quality.

Brighton players - hang your heads in shame.
Watford players - hang your heads in shame
Referee and utterly useless "can't make a decision" linos - hang your heads in shame

Potter, Ashworth, Barber, Bloom - ditto

£50 ish for a one off ticket for that? Barely League Two standard all round. A complete rip off. BT Sport must have been crying.

Tbf on the strength of that performance we have no right being in the top six of the Championship let alone PL.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It was appalling for the neutral, but remember Pearson had the set up to defend their lead incredibly deep. It was like watching us last season.

Not easy to show quality in such restricted spaces. Against teams who will have a go at us, (like all the other ones who are coming to the Amex), we'll have a bit more space to play in

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Good fun in the pub pre match and banter on the train. All went downhill the moment we entered the ground.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Tbf on the strength of that performance we have no right being in the top six of the Championship let alone PL.

We don't always agree but this is bang on.

Potter started well here but it is quite clear why Swansea finished 10th in the Championship last season. Because, when the likes of Ashworth weren't watching they were clearly shithouse. With this team, playing this way, we'll go down and not go back up.

Except....hold the phone.....if I was a Watford fan I'd be saying the same thing. That own goal was comical and they were woeful with the exception of the goal we gifted them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I watched a French match the other night someone not to good against Monaco the shite teams who were at home fans never gave up the atmosphere until the final whistle. The Amex died on 7m 47 seconds

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Watford goal was an individual effort of real quality, albeit with an almighty assist from the sheer collective ineptness of the Albion players involved in that particular passage of play

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I watched a French match the other night someone not to good against Monaco the shite teams who were at home fans never gave up the atmosphere until the final whistle. The Amex died on 7m 47 seconds

Did the home team win? And was it a good game?

That's a slightlhy devil's advocate question though. Atmosphere today was also about 2/10 and the service levels at the kiosks even worse (though this might be to do with the fact that it was more fun having a pint on the concourse than watching the dogshit being served up on the pitch)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We don't always agree but this is bang on.

Potter started well here but it is quite clear why Swansea finished 10th in the Championship last season. Because, when the likes of Ashworth weren't watching they were clearly shithouse. With this team, playing this way, we'll go down and not go back up.

Except....hold the phone.....if I was a Watford fan I'd be saying the same thing. That own goal was comical and they were woeful with the exception of the goal we gifted them.

It's telling that we're struggling against our fellow strugglers in this division. All very well picking up heroic points against the top sides occasionally, but it's the bread and butter games where we need to raise our game significantly and consistently

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Couldn't agree more, utterly inept all round. Our first half performance was head in hands cringey

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
It's telling that we're struggling against our fellow strugglers in this division. All very well picking up heroic points against the top sides occasionally, but it's the bread and butter games where we need to raise our game significantly and consistently

When was the last time we won a ‘must win game’? I really can’t remember.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seen far worse. Watford were terrible. We weren’t great but were clearly the only side trying to play - in fact clearly the better team but created little. Thought we were better today then at West Ham as it goes. But expected a lot more from them - they were there for the taking. All comes down to CONFIDENCE and is so obvious. At least we gave it a go second half and was all us attacking l. Seen much worse.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

I both agree, and don't agree. We beat Norwich and Bournemouth at home which doesn't fit that. We've also got more or less all our good results against teams who have been in the shit when we've played them.

However, we have looked awful against Villa and Watford at home and clueless away to WHU and Bournemouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here