Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford: One point gained or two points dropped?

Was Watford one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 47 38.5%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 75 61.5%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn’t expect more than a point before kick off, and it was starting to look like we would lose, could have won it but we won a point

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Didn’t expect more than a point before kick off, and it was starting to look like we would lose, could have won it but we won a point

Fully agree.

Another decent result, against a team who ‘apparently’ shouldn’t be anywhere near the bottom half - that’s what Dion Dublin said, by rights they should have swept us aside like dry kindling in the face of a hurricane.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I honestly can’t vote. We were terrible & deserved nothing.

They weren’t any better.

Perhaps neither side should have got anything?

I’d say they bought us down to their level, it’s what Pearson does best - they are awful and effectively made the game a slowed down swamp of dross. I blame them.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
How can it possibly be two points dropped, how? We barely had a shot on target we’re losing with 11 minutes to go and then score through a freak own goal.

There is no way this is anything other than a point gained.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Apart from the last fifteen minutes we were very poor. The midfield to start must be the slowest in the PL. Gross please keep him out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How can it possibly be two points dropped, how? We barely had a shot on target we’re losing with 11 minutes to go and then score through a freak own goal.

There is no way this is anything other than a point gained.

In terms of the tale of the match itself you’re correct, from the perspective of say half time, one point won.

But in the big picture of today’s implications - we failed to win our ‘easiest’ home game left, that’s one win in eleven now in a 38 game season, we were a shambles for much of the game against a relegation rival. 4 wins are needed, today another opportunity lost.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Both teams were lucky to get a point out of that. If there was any justice in the world it would have been 0 points each.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Play like that and it's point gained , and over another relegation rival just vital we didn't lose , we really do need to pull up our sleeves now and spring a suprise result from somewhere , relying on other teams to do a job against our relegation rivals isn't ideal .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As always, we came from behind, so it's one point gained. I also don't think you can expect more than that if you only manage one shot on target.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As always, we came from behind, so it's one point gained. I also don't think you can expect more than that if you only manage one shot on target.

Normally I'd agree with you 100% but we're talking about playing a game against a team who regard scoring own goals as an occupational hazard and presumably accept relegation in the same casual manner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here