Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
So, not a great performance but we get a point nonetheless - positives for me:

- did not give a relegation rival the chance to close the gap on us - that was the very definition of must not lose.
- battled back again showing good character.
- Duffy and Burn back to fitness
- March looked lively
- I thought Ali J made a good contribution when he came on too.
- another point in the bag and now Crystal Palace within three points and they come to the Amex soon.

So we only took three points from the past four crucial games which is a lot less than we wanted but importantly only lost one of those which stopped teams overtaking is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s fun watching Albion this season, well it is for me

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The team on the pitch at the final whistle actually looked like a football team.
Needs to start the next match.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Dreadful game overall but main positive is that hopefully it confirmed a few things to the manager going forward:

1) He is right to go with Webster over Duffy. We badly missed Webster on the ball today and Duffy was hopeless with and without it;
2) That Maupay has to start every game;
3) Gross needs a long break away from playing. One of the worst individual performances I can remember from a Brighton player, certainly in the premier league, and he has been dire all season apart from set pieces;
4) Mooy has to be played in his correct position further forward or not at all;
5) Bernardo needs to start every game left back or left wing back. Strange decision to drop him when he’s been one of our better performers recently. If he thinks Burn needs to come into the side, play him centre back in a 2 or 3;
6) Alzate needs to play more;
7) Trossard should start as he is a quality player but he needs bodies around him to play off like the 2nd half. When he’s isolated as in the first half, he’s next to useless.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Subs were positive
Alzate good when he came on as were Ali J and Mupaay.
March could in my opinion make a very good left back

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dreadful game overall but main positive is that hopefully it confirmed a few things to the manager going forward:

1) He is right to go with Webster over Duffy. We badly missed Webster on the ball today and Duffy was hopeless with and without it;
2) That Maupay has to start every game;
3) Gross needs a long break away from playing. One of the worst individual performances I can remember from a Brighton player, certainly in the premier league, and he has been dire all season apart from set pieces;
4) Mooy has to be played in his correct position further forward or not at all;
5) Bernardo needs to start every game left back or left wing back. Strange decision to drop him when he’s been one of our better performers recently. If he thinks Burn needs to come into the side, play him centre back in a 2 or 3;
6) Alzate needs to play more;
7) Trossard should start as he is a quality player but he needs bodies around him to play off like the 2nd half. When he’s isolated as in the first half, he’s next to useless.

Disagree with points 1,3,4,6

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So, not a great performance but we get a point nonetheless - positives for me:

- did not give a relegation rival the chance to close the gap on us - that was the very definition of must not lose.
- battled back again showing good character.
- Duffy and Burn back to fitness
- March looked lively
- I thought Ali J made a good contribution when he came on too.
- another point in the bag and now Crystal Palace within three points and they come to the Amex soon.

So we only took three points from the past four crucial games which is a lot less than we wanted but importantly only lost one of those which stopped teams overtaking is.

You know by posting this thread, your gonna attract allsorts of non believers :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Duffy is beyond redemption if we play a passing game

Parandeh_Daryayi

Jul 24, 2018
Silicon Valley
Ali J showed more football IQ in 17 mins on the pitch than the whole squad combined for 90 mins. This is a fact, other wise you are lying to yourselves.

1. March is a horrible winger for PL standards, one trick pony, once his youth goes he will not step on a soccer pitch.
2. I was happy not to see Montoya this game, he is a liability, Schletto is warming up to me. Plays risk, but does his duties on defense.
3. Dan Burns. Welp, BHA just has a back issue on both sides to be frank, wish Bong did not leave. Other wise Bernardo is head and shoulders above this guy.
4. Aaron Mooy, oh boy! I'm a long life fan of his hustle play, yall got lucky to grab this player.
5. Maupay has to start every dam game,
6. Why the HELL was Glen on the field? He can even stretch enough to gain possession on a ball with some spin.

Anyway same old story of BHA for the last 2 years of following, no real recipe for making anything happen with the talent on hand.

Have a good weekend yalls.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We look decent when we move the ball quickly - which we seemed to realise with about 15 minutes to go.

If we play like that we’ll be fine. Ali J made a big difference.

I’d be disappointed if I was a Watford fan. They played far too deep and could’ve caused us far more problems in the second half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here