Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Potter have a clue ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Duffy, Schletto & Burn all straight back into a starting line up ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It really is the GOON show tonight.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Over a period of time we’ve spent too much of our money on players who weren’t worth it.
That’s why we are heading down.
I think Potter could do well for us in the championship.
Given the length of his contract we will almost certainly be finding out of I’m right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will reserve judgement until Spence has spoken.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
We dominated the game start to finish. Admittedly did little with it in the first half but we went behind to a good goal. Simple, nothing more or less than that. Deserved a point. Potter made changes to add more in attack and it worked.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I think Potter deserves some credit today. Made good subs and tactical changes. I’m not usually saying that about this management so well done today Gpott

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I just can’t see how this game warranted starting 2 players who had been out with medium the injuries and Scholetto who hasn’t been near the squad all season.

It feels like we are gambling every game rather than an actual plan. Watford will be happy with 1 shot 1 goal

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ffs he can’t win can he. Everyone has been saying Duffy must play, how much we have missed burn and how him bring scholetto on changed the West Ham game. He plays them he’s wrong.

That aside his subs were positive and again for us a point. Unfortunately as has been said already we have brought poorly for a couple of years and he’s having to make do at the moment. I’m amazed he’s managed to get half these players playing half decent football. He’s also here to get more out of the academy and long term I think bloom sees the benefits of this and the club sustaining itself.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
On the plus side when things are not going our way he spots it and makes the correct changes only concern is why we are getting it so wrong at the start of too many games.

Think Naylor posted that we have gone behind in 7 of last 9 fixtures which about sums up the main issue we have at the moment.

Need to start more games on the front foot and get the first goal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well he’s got us on the same points as club legend Hughton did after the same number of games last season. Is the OP suggesting a manager with many years experience is as clueless as one in his first season at this level?

The quality of football is also way better, although I know some preferred everyone behind the ball and heroic defence to dominating possession and limiting the opposition to one shot on target

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Potter got us back into the game again with his subs. We dominated Watford 2nd half and the 1st half was pretty even. It was fun to watch having 4 attackers on the pitch for the final 10 minutes or so.

Just slightly let down that Duffy didn’t put Doucoure onto his weaker foot.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I just can’t see how this game warranted starting 2 players who had been out with medium the injuries and Scholetto who hasn’t been near the squad all season.

It feels like we are gambling every game rather than an actual plan. Watford will be happy with 1 shot 1 goal

Schelotto changed the game against West Ham, deserved his start. Burn for Bernardo I didn't agree with, but Potter made the call and when Burn was struggling, changed it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Again , my question is around changing 3 of the back 4 that started the last game. Potter did and the first half was a woeful, defensively.

He made changes and we drew thanks to an OG but I still question the original decision. Duffy looked miles off match fitness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here