Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Small comedy venues in Brighton

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm a bit out of date.

Years ago, I used to love the cheap stand up comedy upstairs at the Quadrant (Laughing Horse?) plus when it was on at the Coalition for a while (Reginald D Hunter was a highlight) . The May Fringe festival of course is always brilliant for comedy in numerous small venues across Brighton.
However, never been a huge fan of comedy at the bigger venues like the Dome (too big, too pricey) and even the Komedia (although the Old Rope was good). Much prefer smaller, intimate comedy. Can anyone update me if there are still any good small venues in Brighton to catch some good stuff. Caroline of Brunswick still any good?

Jul 7, 2003
I'm a bit out of date.

Years ago, I used to love the cheap stand up comedy upstairs at the Quadrant (Laughing Horse?) plus when it was on at the Coalition for a while (Reginald D Hunter was a highlight) . The May Fringe festival of course is always brilliant for comedy in numerous small venues across Brighton.
However, never been a huge fan of comedy at the bigger venues like the Dome (too big, too pricey) and even the Komedia (although the Old Rope was good). Much prefer smaller, intimate comedy. Can anyone update me if there are still any good small venues in Brighton to catch some good stuff. Caroline of Brunswick still any good?

Komedia has their studio which is only around 50 seats and they often put smaller acts in there. Caroline of Brunswick still get a good number of acts doing Edinburgh preview double headers.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
There's the Secret Comedy Club at the Artista Cafe in Hove

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here