Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Gantt Charts

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Planners of NSC! Project managers! Fastidious timekeepers! Lend me your ears.

Can anyone recommend a decent, free tool to knock up Gantt charts? Not looking for huge complexity - just something manageable and pretty.

Thanks,
MBH

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
There are loads of templates online that are for Excel/Powerpoint if you want to do it in there?

I have reviewed a few tools lately as they have been trying to bring on some free applications but most of the free ones have been a bit naff and nothing better than an Excel template anyway!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Planners of NSC! Project managers! Fastidious timekeepers! Lend me your ears.

Can anyone recommend a decent, free tool to knock up Gantt charts? Not looking for huge complexity - just something manageable and pretty.

Thanks,
MBH

I use OpenProj. Free and basic but it does the job.

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Gantter is very good and used to be free with Google GSuite, but think its chargeable now. There's a 30 day free trial of it.

Pretty feature rich and allows you to open/edit/save in MS Project format if you need to share files with other people.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I'm currently experimenting with TeamGantt, which I find pretty good.

I hear good things about Monday.com as well.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Key to the solution is - do you need a one-off GANTT to picturise a time-line for a presentation-type thing.
Or do you need a schedule management tool that will also picturise the time-line, which can / will change over time as the project progresses.

I'm Micro$oft indoctrinated so I'd user PowerPoint if the requirement was the former and MS Project if the latter.

MS Project is still the industry tool of choice for schedule management, although there are many new competitors emerging.
A MSP Pro 2016 license can be obtained from eBay for about a fiver [inc link to the download].

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks everyone. Yet more evidence to support the notion that NSC is truly the font of all knowledge.

I'll do you all the courtesy of letting you know what I go with.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here