Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women next home league match Wednesday 12th February vs Man Utd

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Is there the same needle for a match against Palace as in the men's games?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You would have to drag me screaming and kicking to watch that shit. Seriously women's football ? I will never have the faintest interest in it. It's bad enough having that crap plastered all over the official site. Does annoy me wading through it to find info on proper football.

Total waste of time.

You are brave putting that on here!!! Watch it Spence or you will get kicked off the spread for daring to stray from the accepted NSC line.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Still don't understand all the animosity to women's football. Comparing like for like is totally unfair at the moment , things might change over time but there is one aspect where it is superior , it is is much more sportsman like no diving or stupid rolling around or arguing with the ref.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Disappointing postponement, but Albion Women still have a decent shout of making it through to the Semi-Finals assuming they turn over Palace.

A home QF tie against the winner of the Sunderland v Birmingham game looks the best chance for this outside of any shocks.

QF draw - 8:45pm Monday on 5 Live.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
You are brave putting that on here!!! Watch it Spence or you will get kicked off the spread for daring to stray from the accepted NSC line.

Nothing to do with any accepted line, take or leave women’s football by all means, but that was just a misogynistic dinosaur post from Spence. I’m guessing you don’t have a daughter or daughters BS.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Disappointing postponement, but Albion Women still have a decent shout of making it through to the Semi-Finals assuming they turn over Palace.

A home QF tie against the winner of the Sunderland v Birmingham game looks the best chance for this outside of any shocks.

QF draw - 8:45pm Monday on 5 Live.

And as if by magic... :smile:

Home QF and first out of the hat as well.

With Birmingham lower in the WSL, there's a very real chance of making it through to the last 4.

Albion Men last year, Albion Women this?

Should hold the QF at the AMEX.

Crystal Palace or ALBION v Birmingham

Everton v Chelsea

Arsenal or Lewes v Tottenham

Leicester or Reading v Man City

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Good draw for us - as long as we beat Palace that is! Rearranged match confirmed for next Tuesday 25th February, kick-off 7.30pm.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cup football is odd, it looks the best path, however, the other teams think the same.

Let’s hope we get the job done next Tuesday after the Spurs game.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Nothing to do with any accepted line, take or leave women’s football by all means, but that was just a misogynistic dinosaur post from Spence. I’m guessing you don’t have a daughter or daughters BS.

Take it or leave it? We are force fed that rubbish. Always on the BBC football website / Albion website. Should be separate websites for the women's game. Shouldn't have female pundits on the men's game, I couldn't care less what some park footballer thinks about the men's game, Most people who feign interest in the women's game are only doing it because it's the 'right' thing to do nowadays. What was telling me was last year on women's WC final day I was in a pub and it was on, there was literally nobody watching it and yet the BBC made out the country was in a frenzy of excitement. It wasn't.

Good luck to to anyone who plays sport to any level, much to be admired, but I resent the way they try and elevate it to the same level of the men's game. I realise yet again this will upset a few people as I dare hold the 'wrong' views and no doubt as before I'll be barred from the thread but those who preach tolerance but in reality have no tolerance.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Take it or leave it? We are force fed that rubbish. Always on the BBC football website / Albion website. Should be separate websites for the women's game. Shouldn't have female pundits on the men's game, I couldn't care less what some park footballer thinks about the men's game, Most people who feign interest in the women's game are only doing it because it's the 'right' thing to do nowadays. What was telling me was last year on women's WC final day I was in a pub and it was on, there was literally nobody watching it and yet the BBC made out the country was in a frenzy of excitement. It wasn't.

Good luck to to anyone who plays sport to any level, much to be admired, but I resent the way they try and elevate it to the same level of the men's game. I realise yet again this will upset a few people as I dare hold the 'wrong' views and no doubt as before I'll be barred from the thread but those who preach tolerance but in reality have no tolerance.

Everyone is in titled to have a opinion, I don't agree with you but that's how it goes, nothing you've said I've not heard before.

I'm not what you call a regular spectator of women's football but I have taken a interest in the Brighton women's team and have attended a few matches which I've enjoyed .

There's no denying the growth in the women's football game, it will never be as popular as the men's game but there is a market for it and Brighton are trying to build a team along the same lines as the men's team, Mr Bloom wants top to bottom success in everything and has supplied the tools needed to get the success he wants.

If you think about how far all the teams have progressed it's astonishing.

Women's football is obviously not for everyone but I'm as proud of our women's team as I am in the men's, if the U18s or U23s are playing I try to keep up with the games and if we win I'm as happy as I am when the senior squad win.

The women's team goal this season is to stay in the top flight they are slowly building a squad capable of challenging for the top 3 next season, if you profess to support Brighton and Hove Albion then it baffles me my you wouldn't care about the whole set up, but there it is, a difference of opinion.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Everyone is in titled to have a opinion, I don't agree with you but that's how it goes, nothing you've said I've not heard before.

I'm not what you call a regular spectator of women's football but I have taken a interest in the Brighton women's team and have attended a few matches which I've enjoyed .

There's no denying the growth in the women's football game, it will never be as popular as the men's game but there is a market for it and Brighton are trying to build a team along the same lines as the men's team, Mr Bloom wants top to bottom success in everything and has supplied the tools needed to get the success he wants.

If you think about how far all the teams have progressed it's astonishing.

Women's football is obviously not for everyone but I'm as proud of our women's team as I am in the men's, if the U18s or U23s are playing I try to keep up with the games and if we win I'm as happy as I am when the senior squad win.

The women's team goal this season is to stay in the top flight they are slowly building a squad capable of challenging for the top 3 next season, if you profess to support Brighton and Hove Albion then it baffles me my you wouldn't care about the whole set up, but there it is, a difference of opinion.

All well said fair points. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am pro womens football and congratulate Bloom and other clubs for backing it. If we get to semi may well go along and support. I think it is pushed a little too much on site and still not happy because club stopped subsidy my bus cost went up yet give free buses to Crawley for womens games. Then ask my nephew what he thinks of 2 men and 2 women players at signing sessions
Only thing that gets me is still hear top women players going on about equal pay etc. Can followers of womens game please explain how clubs can justify full time staff on 600/800 gates. I assume clubs hope gates will increase but this will not come from followers of mens game, apart from one off big games. If they think they should earn more what about attendance bonus according to attendance. Would be very interesting to see income /expenditure for our womens set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here