Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women next home league match Wednesday 12th February vs Man Utd

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Following their win over Everton, Brighton Womens next home league match at Crawley is this coming Wednesday at 7.45pm against Man Utd. Utd have only had a womens team for 2 years, but currently lie 4th in the Womens Super League having put a lot of investment in and have a good manager in ex England International Casey Stoner. Key to getting at least a point from this game will be keeping Utd striker Lauren James quiet.

Tickets are available as usual from the Albion Ticket website at the advance prices of:

Adult: £4.00
Under 18 / 65+: £2.00

Tickets will also be available on the night (cash only) for the price of

Adult: £6
Under 18 / 65+: £3

Free travel from various places within Sussex is available from Seagulls Travel

Man Utd have got a very vocal travelling support, so would be good to have a good crowd to get behind the Albion in response!

UTA! :albion2:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just bumping this one in case anyone is interested in coming along on Wednesday to support the women. They should've played today away at Birmingham but it was one of the many victims of the weather in todays sporting fixture list!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Gutted that I now can't go tonight thanks to not being well this week (nope, not coronavirus, just a heavy cold!) :( Tickets are available (cash only) from the ground this evening, with kickoff 7.45pm so you can be one of the fans who make the difference at home according to Powell:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1607493/powell-the-fans-can-play-a-big-part

If like me you can't make the game but want to watch the match you can do so live on FA Player : https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/womens-super-league

UTA!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gutted that I now can't go tonight thanks to not being well this week (nope, not coronavirus, just a heavy cold!) :( Tickets are available (cash only) from the ground this evening, with kickoff 7.45pm so you can be one of the fans who make the difference at home according to Powell:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1607493/powell-the-fans-can-play-a-big-part

If like me you can't make the game but want to watch the match you can do so live on FA Player : https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/womens-super-league

UTA!

I have training tonight so couldn't make it but I should be home in time for the live stream - thanks for that

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It says much about how women's football is assessed by NSC users that the thread on "massive dump" has had more views, just. :)

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ohh the live stream may stop me driving up the A23 tonight now.

It’s Crawley isn’t it. The idea of going to Crawley just puts me off.

The ground isn’t even near a railway station.

If it was it Brighton I would go without pause for thought, but getting to that stadium is a pain in the backside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Brighton team for this evening:

EQmLWtXXYAACONL.jpg

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Oh for goodness sake - Man Utd take the lead inside the first minute as we score a terrible own goal...

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

If it was it Brighton I would go without pause for thought, but getting to that stadium is a pain in the backside.

On the A23 so easy to get to by car. Plenty of free parking with less than a minutes walk to the stadium.

If you don’t want to drive there are FREE coaches from Falmer to the stadium.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Albion have grown into the game after their early setback ans their pressure tells just before halftime as Whelan heads us level!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have just watch all of first half. It will need a new audience and lets hope it does, because I cant see supporters that follow mens game watching this. Sorry but reminds me of an under 14s game and you are not allowed to tackle. We dont go to football to watch fouls but although I missed first 10mins must be first game I have never seen a foul by either side.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Despite the game becoming very end-to-end with chances for both sides, it has finished 1-1.

Brighton looked a lot more organised than they have on some occasions, and had plenty of attacking intent, something that also has been lacking in some games so positive signs for the remaining games in the season!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Have just watch all of first half. It will need a new audience and lets hope it does, because I cant see supporters that follow mens game watching this. Sorry but reminds me of an under 14s game and you are not allowed to tackle. We don't go to football to watch fouls but although I missed first 10mins must be first game I have never seen a foul by either side.

Bloom is investing multi million pounds into our team, infrastructure and set up. He sees it as a growing and inclusive sport.

I am enjoying the ride of the last 3 years, Bloom wants us to be competing at Champions league level in the future. I only watch down to the U18 level (much more U23) in the mens/boys level and I have always found the wsl at a higher standard than these.We have signed some quality players and are investing in youth, like Le Tissier only 17 and was player of the match v Everton. I thought the games v West Ham away and Everton at home very physical. Perhaps Man U are playing more of a passing game, that should suit us.

Played Albion, good result shame about the OG. I have missed the game so it may be highlight tomorrow for me.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I know the club also hate this, they are desperate to get this sorted in the coming years.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
The result and the fact that the bottom side Bristol lost this evening means that we are now 7 points clear of them so even though we have played 2 games more its another step towards WSL safety this season :)

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It says much about how women's football is assessed by NSC users that the thread on "massive dump" has had more views, just. :)

I know, I love the Albion and am always amazed how fickle a lot of the fans are. Its the same for U23, cup games, Sussex cricket, a lot of people just want mens first team football. I could do Albion related games every day of the week, I suppose that makes me the sad one, not being so bothered about the poo threads.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here