Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carl Rushworth to Barcelona

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are keepers the new centre backs, as far as the Albion's recruitment is concerned?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
The Mirror has a shocking website. You're not sure when the article is finished due to the deluge of ads or other stories they're trying to promote. However, nothing is worse than that 90 Minutes nonsense. I gave up trying to open it on my phone a while back as half the screen is taken up by some blokes sitting around a table chatting and it can't be closed.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
£4m seems an insane amount for someone who (admittedly only 18 years of age) is playing in the 7th tier. I know very little about him, but we do seem to be producing a string of half decent goalkeepers.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
4 million pound, like we need that, if he is that good we should keep him and loan him out to a league team for a few years, his personal value will increase, far better than joining Barcelona and playing in their youth squad and eventually B-Team before being dumped.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Coincidence that Messi has just criticised the Barcelona board and now they're looking at one of our players?

Could be a decent swap deal. Not sure if he'd fit in our system but could be a decent player for the dressing room.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Coincidence that Messi has just criticised the Barcelona board and now they're looking at one of our players?

Could be a decent swap deal. Not sure if he'd fit in our system but could be a decent player for the dressing room.

Perhaps he could act as a sort of mentor to young Crofts? Training with Solly March everyday wouldn't do him any harm, either.

He'll have to accept a new squad number though. 10 needs to go to Mac Allister and his previous number at Barcelona, 19, is well guarded by Jose Izquierdo (remember him?).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
4 million pound, like we need that, if he is that good we should keep him and loan him out to a league team for a few years, his personal value will increase, far better than joining Barcelona and playing in their youth squad and eventually B-Team before being dumped.

Or not ............. maybe his personal value won't increase - didn't we think similar things about Walton a few years ago? He seems to have found his level now - he's a more than decent Championship/League 1 GK, but no huge money-spinner. £4M for Rushworth now seems a good offer to me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Or not ............. maybe his personal value won't increase - didn't we think similar things about Walton a few years ago? He seems to have found his level now - he's a more than decent Championship/League 1 GK, but no huge money-spinner. £4M for Rushworth now seems a good offer to me.

In situations like this it’s ALL about the sell-ons.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Think that we are more likely to get lumped with Abidal than Messi.

Tbh one poster on here will be happy; he can do a job at left back...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
In situations like this it’s ALL about the sell-ons.

Which we will inevitably forget to include along with any buy back clause as he goes on to be the best keeper in the world.
*I have never even heard of him let alone see him play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here