Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tracy Brabin

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
_110774577_capture.jpg

Appropriate attire for Parliament ?

I'm not mortally offended by a bare shoulder, and thankfully I'm not Piers Morgan. A blessing we all share. But I'm not really sure if this is an entirely appropriate sartorial selection for an MP in the Chamber. She looks like she's about to totter out and hit the gin menu in a local Spoons. Awaits the 'gammon' accusations and 'wimmin can wear whatever they want' brigade, but there's a time and a place IMO. If we shrug this off, then we may be only a step or two away from Diane Abbott wearing a crop top at the dispatch box. And who (other than JC) would really want to see that ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think we are focusing on the wrong stuff in terms of what goes on in Parliament.

Probably not appropriate but really low on my list if shit that needs sorting in the Commons.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
possibly, though not sufficiently inappropriate to raise any commotion.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think we are focusing on the wrong stuff in terms of what goes on in Parliament.

Probably not appropriate but really low on my list if shit that needs sorting in the Commons.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Totally this. I've just seen a clip from Question Time where an audience member was discussing it. I mean, surely the public would like to find out more about the issues that will directly affect them, post-Brexit, as opposed to what someone wore to work? I get the 'outrage' – I really do – but this happened DAYS ago and people are still banging on about it.

The other thing is (as often happens) that if it was a Tory woman who dressed like that, there wouldn't be half the coverage, derogatory comments or comment about it. And half the people now discussing it (i.e. Tories) would dismiss it in an instant!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Probably inappropriate but hardly a heinous crime. What was more inappropriate was the ridiculous fuss from the loons who inhabit the Twitter-sphere and the populist media machine.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Totally this. I've just seen a clip from Question Time where an audience member was discussing it. I mean, surely the public would like to find out more about the issues that will directly affect them, post-Brexit, as opposed to what someone wore to work? I get the 'outrage' – I really do – but this happened DAYS ago and people are still banging on about it.

The other thing is (as often happens) that if it was a Tory woman who dressed like that, there wouldn't be half the coverage, derogatory comments or comment about it. And half the people now discussing it (i.e. Tories) would dismiss it in an instant!

The dumbing down of QT is sad. I gave up watching it a while ago.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
A storm in a teacup. Meanwhile a Scottish National Party minister turns out to be a predatory paedophile. That's genuinely disturbing.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
_110774577_capture.jpg

Appropriate attire for Parliament ?

I'm not mortally offended by a bare shoulder, and thankfully I'm not Piers Morgan. A blessing we all share. But I'm not really sure if this is an entirely appropriate sartorial selection for an MP in the Chamber. She looks like she's about to totter out and hit the gin menu in a local Spoons. Awaits the 'gammon' accusations and 'wimmin can wear whatever they want' brigade, but there's a time and a place IMO. If we shrug this off, then we may be only a step or two away from Diane Abbott wearing a crop top at the dispatch box. And who (other than JC) would really want to see that ?

I’d help her out, She and Esther McVey both look good all rounders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A storm in a teacup. Meanwhile a Scottish National Party minister turns out to be a predatory paedophile. That's genuinely disturbing.
Whatever he may or may not have done, the "boy" in question was 16 so you may want to consider your post.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ok he's a ephebophile if you want to get pedantic. Still my point stands he's 40 odd,in power and behaving despicably.

I believe he was second in command to Jimmy Krankie, Leaves serious doubts about her judgement.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This is one area where women have had it over men for a long time, the women in our work in the summer come like the dressed for the beach not an office, yet us men contunue to have to suffer in a suit.

:nono:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ok he's a ephebophile if you want to get pedantic. Still my point stands he's 40 odd,in power and behaving despicably.
Nothing to do with me being pedantic - more to do with libel laws and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] stance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here